Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just had to share
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mlindner
Finally getting close to this thing being on the road. It's been 25 years. I've posted some of the information before. Engine is a 2.2 E long block I purchased ten years ago with S pistons and cam. Lots of small stuff needed but the big stuff like Richards PMO carb, Perry Kiehl 914-6 engine harness, John Dougherty DC-30 Mod-Solex cams and finally Ben's (mb911) SS Headers and Sport Muffler. S cams had to be changed out because E heads still had the small ports. Ran engine in for cam break-in and carb adjustment at Accumoto Motorsport. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Coondog
Job well done.
BPic
That is sexy! w00t.gif
mepstein
Awesome!
Montreal914
Beautiful! drooley.gif
Congratulations!! smilie_pokal.gif
flyer86d
Nice! It should make good power and have a broad power curve.

Charlie
Mueller
Great looking car and great looking motor!
914Sixer
Sweeeeeet !!
jfort
Beautiful! Congrats
Jett
Looks great
Maltese Falcon
That 914 has some MoJo !
Accumoto is def The go-to place driving.gif
IronHillRestorations
smilie_pokal.gif Rock on Mark!
914forme
drooley.gif Glad to see it coming together for you Mark!
PanelBilly
What are you going to use for air cleaners? The exposed engine looks so good without anything on top
porschetub
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Nov 2 2020, 02:19 PM) *

What are you going to use for air cleaners? The exposed engine looks so good without anything on top

Truly impressive attention to detail and surely a motor which will make excellent power....very nice smilie_pokal.gif .
Can't wait to see this build completed as will be another benchmark car on here.

Aircleaner ?? as per PanelBilly question,I went to the older alloy K&N single per carb kit and but was worried about filtration in my situation (dusty entrance road) so repaired my stock plastic air cleaner and was amazed @ the reduction in intake noise and "piece of mind'' with OEM paper filter,as bulky as they are its also much easier when you have to do carb balancing as only a few over-center clips to undo.
Click to view attachment
As much as I love the sound of my engine the noise from the K&Ns became tiresome.

MM1
Glorious-I bet a very high revvng 2 to 2.2l has to be one of the best flat 6 sounds ever.

Just did a quick calculation:

Once, at an Art Center car show in Pasadena, I heard a Cizeta Moroder start up and warm up. Now- I prefer the sound and cadence of a sub 3 liter v12 (or flat 12) to any engine sound. . . but that CZ sounded like 16 fine swiss watches (tourbillions) belting out their last war cry before charging into their final battle.

6 liter / 16 cylinder = 0.375L /cylinder . . . 0.375 x 6= 2.25L . . .yep, would love to hear that rev past 7k . . . Didn’t the 906/909 2L rev past 8k?

In any case, please post a screaming link after you get her broken in and warmed up!
JKW
QUOTE(mlindner @ Nov 1 2020, 09:14 AM) *

Finally getting close to this thing being on the road. It's been 25 years. I've posted some of the information before. Engine is a 2.2 E long block I purchased ten years ago with S pistons and cam. Lots of small stuff needed but the big stuff like Richards PMO carb, Perry Kiehl 914-6 engine harness, John Dougherty DC-30 Mod-Solex cams and finally Ben's (mb911) SS Headers and Sport Muffler. S cams had to be changed out because E heads still had the small ports. Ran engine in for cam break-in and carb adjustment at Accumoto Motorsport. Best, MarkClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Looks great, Mark!
Frankvw
I would suggest not to install it but put it as a truly great looking conversation piece in the house smile.gif
PS : never going to happen for two reasons:
- you are married and it will never be allowed to be put inside the house
- you are not married but want to drive this beast instead of looking at it !
Oh...option three is that you are married and want to drive away as fast as possible and need he engine to be installed for that, but that would not be nice to say, so forget option 3
blink.gif I guess I want to say it looks great ! Nice work Mark !
Ian Stott
Wow! Such nice work and attention to detail, I bet it will sound as good as it looks! kudos to you!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
mlindner
Thanks guys, really appreciate the nice complements. And you PanelBilly/porschetub had to ask about the air filters...still in the development stage with plexiglass top to show off air stacks. Best, MarkClick to view attachment
campbellcj
Beautiful! Will be wonderful to see/hear it on the road again. A nice revving 2.2 suits the narrowbody 914 very well.
iankarr
Awesome! please post a videeo / audio clip when it's running...
Root_Werks
What a clean project! Always liked the short stroke engines. They have a certain sound to them.
gereed75
Hope you get this all together soon. You will love the power delivery of the DC30 cams - clean at lower rpm with a sweet surge starting at about 4500 rpm and pulling strong to redline

IMHO this is the quintessential small bore Porsche experience enjoyed in the best package short of a 910/906. Big automotive fun!
Spoke
Beautiful engine, headers and muffler. Hook that shit up and mash the throttle!
Gint
QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 2 2020, 11:29 AM) *
Beautiful engine, headers and muffler. Hook that shit up and mash the throttle!
agree.gif That's just about what I was going to say anyway. laugh.gif Love it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.