Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do with all those old magazines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
What to do with all your old Pano's? Avi and I decided to make a Sunday project out of it and wallpaper the shop!
wobbletop
Clever!
PlaysWithCars
That's a great use for them.
914werke
Uh..over the top
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 1 2020, 07:58 PM) *

Uh..over the top

That's the same thing I heard when I said I was going to hang a 356 on the wall.
914werke
Not sure that shell would fit in my bathroom smile.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(914werke @ Nov 2 2020, 08:37 AM) *

Not sure that shell would fit in my bathroom smile.gif

What is it Billy Idol said, "Too much is never enough!"
BuddyV
I inherited approximately 8 boxes of these same magazines... dating back tot he first issue. Not sure what I EVER thought I was going to do with them.... I hate reading.

Wish I could enjoy the cover art like this.... but I can't bring myself to ruin them.

Now they are in boxes.... anchors.

confused24.gif
914werke
I was recently cleaning out the storage (so I could fill it with more parts!) I encountered 2 or 3 boxes of the old VW & Porsche mags. ~
VegasRacer
My mechanics office.
Click to view attachment
SKL1
When we moved from IA to AZ a couple years ago I had 50+ years of various magazines including Pano, R&T, C&D, Autoweek, Excellence, etc and realized VERY quickly how heavy they were and that there was no way they would make the trip.
Saved a few of the Panos with personal stuff in them- advertised in Pano that anyone could have them if they paid shipping. They were on their way to NY within a week...
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Nov 2 2020, 09:15 AM) *

I inherited approximately 8 boxes of these same magazines... dating back tot he first issue. Not sure what I EVER thought I was going to do with them.... I hate reading.

Wish I could enjoy the cover art like this.... but I can't bring myself to ruin them.

Now they are in boxes.... anchors.

confused24.gif

Most of these I had doubles and triples of, and there is less people who care year after year so I figured at least we could enjoy the history visually.
Unobtanium-inc
Avi and I added some more today, including photos from the Factory in 55, and a bunch of images from old 356 calendars.
flat4guy
How did you affix them to the wall?
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(flat4guy @ Nov 14 2020, 07:15 PM) *

How did you affix them to the wall?

Wheat paste wall paperglue, and a wallpaper brush.
Lucky9146
Many years ago I purchased an almost complete collection of 356 Registry's and so missing a few sent me on a mission to finish it out. That Vol 3 #1 on top of your door frame caught my eye and was one of the missing and eluded me for some time until I found it at a swap meet. Don't recall what I paid for it but I will say those Registry's are worth some bucks to some folks. Just sayin

Like what you did with the Pano's tho!
driving.gif white914.jpg
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Nov 15 2020, 08:05 AM) *

Many years ago I purchased an almost complete collection of 356 Registry's and so missing a few sent me on a mission to finish it out. That Vol 3 #1 on top of your door frame caught my eye and was one of the missing and eluded me for some time until I found it at a swap meet. Don't recall what I paid for it but I will say those Registry's are worth some bucks to some folks. Just sayin

driving.gif white914.jpg

I was kind of in a quandary with all these magazines. Word went out that I needed magazines to put in gift bags several years ago so lots of friends gave me boxes and boxes of magazines. Obviously there were no gift bags this year but even with bags at all the swap meets I still had thousands of mags. So rather than throw them away I went through and picked out cool covers for this project. Sure, some of the earlier ones were worth some money but I didn't feel right making money off of stuff given to me by friends. So I decided on this wallpaper project as a cool way to display them as well as remember the generosity of friends.
Lucky9146
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Nov 15 2020, 01:51 PM) *

QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Nov 15 2020, 08:05 AM) *

driving.gif white914.jpg

I was kind of in a quandary with all these magazines. Word went out that I needed magazines to put in gift bags several years ago so lots of friends gave me boxes and boxes of magazines. Obviously there were no gift bags this year but even with bags at all the swap meets I still had thousands of mags. So rather than throw them away I went through and picked out cool covers for this project. Sure, some of the earlier ones were worth some money but I didn't feel right making money off of stuff given to me by friends. So I decided on this wallpaper project as a cool way to display them as well as remember the generosity of friends.

Makes perfect sense! And very cool beerchug.gif
Thanks for the response.
driving.gif white914.jpg
Unobtanium-inc
With winter break on Avi wanted to do some more on the wallpaper project, I think she's running out of room!
Unobtanium-inc
No school this week so Avi wanted to earn some more money. We moved onto the hallway heading upstairs. The fun never stops at Unobtanium!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.