Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help with project 1974 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kahi
hey guys mom here with son working on project together was hoping to work on a VW, because I know alittle about them they don't scare me like this does ??? but stumbled on this great car for cheaper then I could get a piece together rust bucket VW .
car wasn't running so we got it started just had the wrong distributor cap on idea.gif ???
Other issue now is a high idle 1000-2000 when warmed up??? Question where would we start looking for the vaccum leaks or should we just replace all the hoses. and rebuid the carb because the choke is stuck open also we messed with the distributor and it seems like it in the right spot for timing until we correct all the rest of the issues??? any advice would be helpful !!! We are trying to ID the carb it says Solex but not sure which carb it is of the solex carbs single 2 barrel . also whats the best fuel pump for the conversin to carb from fuell injection ok mouthful!!! cheer.gif slap.gif
Tdskip
Welcome.

You have a lot going on there, suggest that you do not start randomly replacing things.

You are going to want a low pressure fuel pump, how low depends on the specifics of the carbs you will be using.

Suggest not playing with the electrical system right now if it is running.

You can test for vacuum leaking by (carefully) spraying starting fluid on any areas that you believe may have vacuum leaks - if the engine speeds up you have found an issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.