Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear Trunk Lid Gas Strut Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geo9146
Is anyone making a gas strut kit for the rear trunk lid?
I have to remove the original torsion bars cos they are interfering with my 3.2 intake boot and air filter
9146C
Here's one vendor...haven't tried them yet...I went with a fiberglass hood and rear deck lid several years ago...been looking at trying this.

http://camp914.com/products.html
mb911
QUOTE(Geo9146 @ Nov 3 2020, 01:15 PM) *

Is anyone making a gas strut kit for the rear trunk lid?
I have to remove the original torsion bars cos they are interfering with my 3.2 intake boot and air filter

I have a set I won't be using that is brand new from camp.
jim_hoyland
The Camp 914 rear trunk struts are good; there were two versions. Each has a slightly different install. Perhaps someone will chime in, I forgot the details.
9146C
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 3 2020, 10:25 PM) *

The Camp 914 rear trunk struts are good; there were two versions. Each has a slightly different install. Perhaps someone will chime in, I forgot the details.

Jim,

Based on their website, they offer a "heavy pressure" version for the stock lid and a "light pressure" version for the lighter fiberglass hood. At least that what's I interpret. It may be that the geometry is altered slightly for the same effect.

Rob
bandjoey
I got the standard and it's almost too hard to open and close the lid. go light I say.
Mark Henry
If you have to OK, but I have the struts on the wife's /4 and stock on the /6, I'd definitely try to keep the stock springs.
The struts are a bit in the way when you R&R the top and I've had so many strut failures on other cars including newer Porsche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.