Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FRONT GT VALANCE FITMENT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DMAYHALL
Purchased a new GT front valance from AA. I have 7" front fiberglass flares. The GT valance does not fit !!! I have some wiggle room to play with fitment, but i will have to cut the " wings " and pull them in almost an inch on both sides. Has any gone through this before ??? Thanks !
mepstein
98% of fiberglass needs lots of work to fit correctly.
Retroracer
Par for the course.

As pointed out already, some fettling with fiberglass GT panels is almost inevitable. The most painful item for my build were the GT rocker panels; as I decided to keep the old school fiberglass flares that were already fitted to the car, the rockers as delivered looked great - no imperfections, super stiff and well made; but were short by around 1/2" each side. Adding that 1/2" back in was many days work.....

- Tony
ValcoOscar
Very common to trim/modify GT type fiberglass rockers or valances to fit as all flares are not installed the same.
I did a set of rockers for @914Boss a month ago. I also just did my rear GT valance (for Chucky) two weeks ago.
Time-consuming, but easy. beer3.gif

You'll need: Fiberglass Resin, mat, Everglass fiberglass filler with fibers, glaze putty, sand paper, etc...

Oscar

pete000
All my GT fiberglass parts required extensive "Tweaking" to get to fit properly.
Mikey914
The LE Fiberglass is made for a non flared LE car. You need to order parts for a flared car. Bad news is there are many flared options so unless your parts are part of a "kit" made to go together ( like the Sheridan kit), they will require reworking to fit.
eric9144
Its kind of sad how bad the glass stuff for GT's are, both the front dam/valence but especially the rockers, the rockers are a mess. Hoping that 914rubber can help there when they get going with all their composites stuff...
Chris914n6
I think stock steel flares are 8", so that sounds about right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.