https://youtu.be/PFMH8lslduo
DANNYMAC
QUOTE(KENNY @ Nov 3 2020, 06:43 PM) *

I think I like it
mepstein
A car see-saw. No thanks.
Archie
QUOTE(KENNY @ Nov 3 2020, 03:43 PM) *

Well, my Finnish isn't as good as it should be, but I'd buy one!
914forme
Just get an EZCar lift, perfect and stable.

Video

Website

I have this and the BendPack's QuickJack

QuickJack is for my heavy stuff, X5M, Chevy Truck, and 750i

The Boxster, and 914s all go on the EZCar lift. If they made a 7000 lbs lift unit, I would sell the Bendpak and pick one up in a heart beat. I like it that much.
dcheek
If you have the room spend the extra $600 and get this:

https://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-BP...AiABEgKfkfD_BwE

I've had mine for 5 years and it works great. Should have bought one 20 years ago.
NO MORE CREEPERS!

Click to view attachment

Dave
Mark Henry
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 3 2020, 08:21 PM) *

A car see-saw. No thanks.

I'll pass as well.
JRust
I kind like it. Small & movable. The pivot is a nice change of pace. Easy enough get get the back end of our 914's up for engine removal. Takes up no real space. Depending on price I'd be willing to give one a try
914Toy
Flimsy - probably due to weight concerns thus ease of handling, and no cross bracing - this is not safe enough for me.
Frankvw
the budgetversion of that one is in Holland for sale for around 300 euros, like 350 dollars.
it is the one this movieclip on youtube
https://youtu.be/Sz-g75cCIOI
I have no experience with it, and I do not know anybody that has one.....but I have been wondering if it was something to get for that price ...... it can lift 1500kg max, so around 3000 pounds.
I did not buy since I first wanted to find some positive reviews before I crawl under the 350$ material smile.gif
douglastic
QUOTE(dcheek @ Nov 4 2020, 06:07 AM) *

Dave

What is your ceiling height?
dcheek
QUOTE(douglastic @ Nov 4 2020, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(dcheek @ Nov 4 2020, 06:07 AM) *

Dave

What is your ceiling height?

!0 foot ceiling.
I can stand up under my 914 and I'm 6' 2" tall.

Dave
KENNY
QUOTE(JRust @ Nov 4 2020, 07:48 AM) *

I kind like it. Small & movable. The pivot is a nice change of pace. Easy enough get get the back end of our 914's up for engine removal. Takes up no real space. Depending on price I'd be willing to give one a try

That’s why I like it it will keep the garage clean. And after you’re done you can hang it on the wall
pete000
Doesn't look like the spacing is adjustable missing the proper jack points of any car and resting the weight solely on the rockers. Pass !
Freezin 914
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 3 2020, 07:35 PM) *

Just get an EZCar lift, perfect and stable.

Video

Website

I have this and the BendPack's QuickJack

QuickJack is for my heavy stuff, X5M, Chevy Truck, and 750i

The Boxster, and 914s all go on the EZCar lift. If they made a 7000 lbs lift unit, I would sell the Bendpak and pick one up in a heart beat. I like it that much.

Sold my mid rise lift, took up to much space. Looking at both the QuickJack and the EZCar lift, having trouble deciding.
Does the EZ have safety locks at different heights? Doe the wheels wreck your garage floor?
914forme
EZ

Locks at any hight due to mechanical binding.

No traditional locks on plate design, which I find to be a pain with the QuickJack, I might have to weld a few more spots in the travel on the quick jack.

Wheels do nothing to my floor, epoxy coated, dropping a tool, or welding splatter has done more damage to the floor.

EZ has caster setup which has saved me a lot of times, 914-6 is on it right now, and I just move it in an out of the service bay when I need to work on it.

QuickJack, I had to add wheels to move it around easier. I had to make an extension for it to get out far enough to reach my jack points on almost everything I service. The extension are big and heavy, Everything on that is just big heavy and cumbersome.

Hydraulic hoses dropped across the floor, make it harder to move stuff around the cars, even if it is just your rolling seat. Not as much open area under the car, so like a side approach is blocked due to hydraulic ram, and the safety locks. Platform is stable, but no cross bars. I have 5 sets of adapters just to get my cars lifted properly. Need to order a new set of rubber blocks, as my wife's EOS split one of them.

As I said above if EZ made a lift of the same design that could put my Silverado into the air, I would purchase it in a heart beat. The Quick Jack would be up for sale as bout as fast, or scrapped. Good thing I bought the QJ for $500.00 due to me making the extension for the former owner who was tired of running his shins into it every time he walked around the garage.

Heck I even built a special bench that allows the QJ to be stored under it, as they are a pain to pickup, and lift onto the wall. Then deal with the extensions, hoses, power packs.

EZ, I store the cross bars I am not using on the wall. The Jack itself is small and mobile enough that I just push it under my project car if the project car is not moving, or under the boat trailer if I know I don't need it. Light enough I could mount it on the wall, but my wall space is covered with 914 parts.

In reality it depends on what your lifting. And your garage situation. For me flexibility is key to my workspace. Everything is on wheels, I need to get a surprise project in the shop, I can move everything around including a car on the lift, and get a 40 trailer into the workshop.

Next shop I would like to have a dedicated lift bay, but I will put a 4 post lift in that one. I just feel safer working under a car with a 4 post lift. Things like doing a fluid change on an MB that requires the car to be running for final fluid level setting of the ATF, is crazy to me. I get everything set currently with the QJ, and then I get out of there, fire the car up, and watch the ATF temps get to service rage, let it run, whatchamacallit's fluid drip out, shut off, I never go under the dang thing.

I always body check the cars once up on the QJ, don't need 3 tons dropping on my skull.

Only issue I have had with the EZ was it got really cold and I had to work outside my shop, big snow fall, could not get the car back to the shop. I strapped the EZ to a sled, and pulled it up. Set it up in the house garage, lifted the car. Did the work I needed to do, and went to let it down, and it was stuck 24" in the air. blink.gif

Called EZ, got the owner on the phone, and explained the situation, gear oil got to cold over night. So I setup a set of heaters, and bit latter it came down.

For my situation the EZ is the best tool I have ever bought. I need to move it to another location, it does not require two people to load and unload it. Heck I can put it in the X5M and drive in total comfort. Storage is easy, power is EZ, BTW, Dewalt made a nice gear overdrive drill that was perfect for this lift. I have dedicated it, with an adapter and a deep socket for the lift.

Different cross bars, I can set it up for anything I want to lift that meets its capacity. Change the oil in my zero turn, put it up on the lift, less bending over. Need to off load a pallet out of the truck, top down bench at 28" off the floor, done. Now I just use the gantry crane, but some times you have to get creative.

they now make extensions if I ever decide to build a chopper.

They have drive over options, alignment and scale options. You get none of that with the QJ.

Next shop will have three items.

In floor high rise lift. a 4 post for storage and the odd car must be running transmission service, and the EZ will still be with me. wub.gif
Krieger
I love my EZ lift! I've had mine for 12 years.
euro911
Home Depot is having a Black Friday Sale on Quick Jacks and accessories. I just ordered the 7,000 lb model and the wall hanger set for $1,342.50 (including tax) with free home shipping. Estimated delivery before the end of November smile.gif ... Saved a little over $400. cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.