Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 2.0 39k miles original
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
gturner008
https://www.elferspot.com/en/car/porsche-91...-0-1976-693122/

Advert pretty much covers it.

Easy shipping to the USA.

Take a look.

Gary
brcacti
Looks like a great car also high price $59-60 K.
BENBRO02
Looks like a great deal to me if it’s as advertised. They’re only original once.
gturner008
It’s both to be fair. A great example. And a high (but in my view) a fair price.
pete000
Hard to believe the Fours are in six territory now..
JeffBowlsby
Obviously this is a remarkable car. A couple of extremely low mileage (<5Kmi) 914s sold at over 90K in the last couple of years in the pre-covid economy and even those were not 100% perfect examples.

This car is a 49-state version with the air pump/injection, but no EGR or CAT, not sure that it would be legit in California, but might be grandfathered without adding these emissions parts, not sure.

Please post photos of the front trunk floor with the tire removed...whats going on there?
Jett
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 6 2020, 06:29 PM) *

Obviously this is a remarkable car. A couple of extremely low mileage (<5Kmi) 914s sold at over 90K in the last couple of years in the pre-covid economy and even those were not 100% perfect examples.

This car is a 49-state version with the air pump/injection, but no EGR or CAT, not sure that it would be legit in California, but might be grandfathered without adding these emissions parts, not sure.

Please post photos of the front trunk floor with the tire removed...whats going on there?

looks like tire rub?
jagalyn
Looks like rust proofing to me in the front trunk... probably in the rear trunk too.
gturner008
That’s correct. The first owner, who had the car from new until 2015, commissioned Zeibart complete a full anti rust treatment at the dealer. Black in the front trunk. Wax injection. Spray treatment to the gearbox and underside.

I’ve been in email contact with the first owner. Only used the car occasionally each year. Always garaged and rarely, if ever, drove it in the rain. Serviced each year (with receipts).

If you read my posts on this forum, I was hit hard when I said ‘zero rust’. Well, it’s true. There is zero rust on the car. The rust treatment and driving history explains how this is possible. Light surface rust on the battery tray. Light surface rust in the hell holes.

Brett Johnson featured this car in his new 914 book.

I believe the price is very fair for this extraordinary example. All documentation supports its history and the genuine nature of the car. Providence is everything when selling a car. This car has 100% traceability back to the selling dealer - through to today.

It has been accepted for next year’s Cobble Beach Concours. The organisers were blown away by this car. They did all the checks and diligence.

drem914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Nov 6 2020, 05:29 PM) *

75 and earlier have no emission requirements for registration. Mine is a 75 running dual carbs and no egr or cat.
JeffBowlsby
A 75 is categorically exempt only from the CA smog test requirement for the purpose of registration.

This 76 is a 49 state car and never had the CA-market-only smog equipment (the EGR and CAT) required for 1976 914s in CA. As a 76 it would need to be smogged to get registered in CA. The point of the post is that it is not certain if it could be registered in CA without that smog equipment (to pass smog based on factory 49-state car requirements), or if the equipment would need to be installed (to pass smog based on 76 914 CA requirements).
Jett
QUOTE(gturner008 @ Nov 7 2020, 08:01 AM) *

That’s correct. The first owner, who had the car from new until 2015, commissioned Zeibart complete a full anti rust treatment at the dealer. Black in the front trunk. Wax injection. Spray treatment to the gearbox and underside.

I’ve been in email contact with the first owner. Only used the car occasionally each year. Always garaged and rarely, if ever, drove it in the rain. Serviced each year (with receipts).

If you read my posts on this forum, I was hit hard when I said ‘zero rust’. Well, it’s true. There is zero rust on the car. The rust treatment and driving history explains how this is possible. Light surface rust on the battery tray. Light surface rust in the hell holes.

Brett Johnson featured this car in his new 914 book.

I believe the price is very fair for this extraordinary example. All documentation supports its history and the genuine nature of the car. Providence is everything when selling a car. This car has 100% traceability back to the selling dealer - through to today.

It has been accepted for next year’s Cobble Beach Concours. The organisers were blown away by this car. They did all the checks and diligence.

Love the car and thanks for the education!

In the Seattle area there is a white 73 2.0 with documented low 30k miles, two owner and no detectable rust. Passionate owners that stopped by the house when I was stripping our Delphi car for restoration a few years ago.

It would be great to see these cars together!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.