Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window Windwing Wonder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
So I installed the 914 Rubber Targa seal and learned it is easier to rebuild bottom up a 911 engine and tune its carbs than install that friggin seal. I am out of the hospital now and the prognosis is for a partial recovery of the use of one of my hands, four fingers, and other upper extremities........

Doe anyone know if there is a video on how to adjust the windwings to allow the doors to close?

I have the seal properly seated but now both doors will not close but rather bump into the lower 4" of the seal and bounce open. I have taken off the door cards, loosened the two 10mm bolts that affix the windwing and loosened the windwing track nut at the bottom but cannot budge the glass back an 1/8 to allow the doors to close. Is there a trick that you guys out there know of?

On a positive note, the quality of the seal, once installed, is exceptional and Mark's vids on the install are helpful. So is a fifth of JD......
JeffBowlsby
Post photos or its not real.
forrestkhaag
See Photo attached, Much more interesting than a 914 window,,,,,,,,,
rgalla9146
Please post a picture of your front door gap.
Garland
“forrestkhaag“ with the door card off you will see two bolts just below the quarter glass at each end of the quarter glass. These hold the glass firmly in place basically. Loosen both. Then on the outer bottom of the the door, near the front, there are to adjustments. One for the door glass, and the other to adjust the angle of the window post. The one for the post, has a inner screw that adj the post, in and out. The slot in the door is oval, and allows movement to adj the post forward, or back.
So if you loosen all the points mentioned, and then you can move the door glass post forward, back, in and out. There is also attachment point on the bottom of the door for the rear door glass guide, this also when loosened will allow the rear of the door glass to be adj toward, and away from the weatherstrip.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.