Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ginsulin
Hello everyone. I’m Michael and this is my 73 2.0 82,000 ish on the ODO. I’m out in NM if anyone else is out here feel free to reach out. Previous owner had it for 13 years and only put about 3k on it. Needs some TLC but is slowly coming along.
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
Mikey914
welcome.png
Haven't been getting out to NM as much as I'd like lately, welcome to the fold.
BPic
welcome.png
You found the right place to get the best information. Welcome to the addiction!
brcacti
welcome.png
Welcome again, I send you a PM days ago, glad you found the 914 garageClick to view attachment
Literati914
Hey Michael - Welcome! You're gonna have some fun! Tell us about the car.. Looks like the paint is descent from that shot. NM is dry.. maybe not too much rust?
PanelBilly
Good looking car. Welcome to the world of fun.
mepstein
welcome.png
76-914
welcome.png
iankarr
welcome.png

...and welcome to the addiction. Don't say we didn't warn you wink.gif
Cairo94507
welcome.png Hi Michael - Welcome to the madness of our little cars that we love so dearly. You have a great car to start with that's for sure. Good luck as you bring her back to her former glory. beerchug.gif
Ginsulin
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Nov 8 2020, 10:40 AM) *

Hey Michael - Welcome! You're gonna have some fun! Tell us about the car.. Looks like the paint is descent from that shot. NM is dry.. maybe not too much rust?

Yes it’s not too bad, definitely some under the rocker panels. Side sails look good. It’s a 2.0 82 thousand miles originally ravenna green now some red color (unsure if it is Porsche color code or not) needs a new clutch, weather strips/ seals and a good tune up but it does run and drive well (clutch is a little weak and grinds in first and reverse unless I put it into another gear first) needs seats and some more odds and ends. Bought locally. Last owner had it for 13 years and only put about 3 k on it. Paint is 5 out of 10 and it has bilsteins already which is a plus for me
Ginsulin
QUOTE(brcacti @ Nov 8 2020, 10:03 AM) *

welcome.png
Welcome again, I send you a PM days ago, glad you found the 914 garageClick to view attachment

Yes, thank you for directing me to the right place!
Ginsulin
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 8 2020, 01:20 PM) *

welcome.png Hi Michael - Welcome to the madness of our little cars that we love so dearly. You have a great car to start with that's for sure. Good luck as you bring her back to her former glory. beerchug.gif

Thank you, of course I will be posting and updating along the way
Tdskip
Welcome!
Big Len
Nice car...best of luck with it.
914_7T3
welcome.png

Looks like a great project! You really can't go wrong with a '73 2.0, but what do I know? laugh.gif
Montreal914
welcome.png

Best 914 hang out place smilie_pokal.gif

Nice looking car, enjoy the madness... driving.gif
Front yard mechanic
Looks like a great start if you ever take it down ravena green is an awesome color . I have some extra stuff pm me if I can help driving-girl.gif
flat4guy
Nice car and welcome.
porsche914rick
welcome.png
Freezin 914
welcome.png you have landed in the right place, enjoy the ride!
aharder
welcome.png This is a great place for 914 owners biggrin.gif
Ginsulin
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Nov 8 2020, 04:50 PM) *

Looks like a great start if you ever take it down ravena green is an awesome color . I have some extra stuff pm me if I can help driving-girl.gif

Thanks! I am actually in the process of seeing how much compounding and polishing I can get away with.
914-300Hemi
Welcome to the addiction
welcome.png
Mayne
QUOTE(Ginsulin @ Nov 8 2020, 10:39 AM) *

Hello everyone. I’m Michael and this is my 73 2.0 82,000 ish on the ODO. I’m out in NM if anyone else is out here feel free to reach out. Previous owner had it for 13 years and only put about 3k on it. Needs some TLC but is slowly coming along.

Another Albuquerque 914 owner here. Nice car and welcome. My brother (69 911) and I love to go for drives in the East Mountains. Join us sometime!
Costa05
QUOTE(Ginsulin @ Nov 8 2020, 08:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Nov 8 2020, 04:50 PM) *

Thanks! I am actually in the process of seeing how much compounding and polishing I can get away with.

welcome.png lol If you hit ravena green you went too far. Hopefully the red clear coat has some thickness to work with. Original paint thickness is so thin imho. Just waiting to rust out... and they did.
Ian Stott
Welcome to a great place for a 914 owner!
If you decide to go for a bit longer of a drive after you get her all sorted out, first beer is on me!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

73 2.0
frostyf
welcome.png
Hi there, looks like a great car. Ive got a 73 2.0 as well but not looking quite as tidy as yours yet! You've found the best website and community around to help with what turns into an addiction!

Nick Foster
Virginia beerchug.gif
AZBanks
Welcome from your Arizona neighbors.
MM1
welcome.png

Careful, you might enjoy 914World and the people you meet here far more than the restoration . . .

Best of luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.