Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Only known 1978 914 to exist!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcheek
This is an unbelievable discovery!

The only 1978 Porsche 914 known to exist!

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det....php?id=2427419

Dave
Arno914
av-943.gif
914Sixer
75-76 for sure because of bumper mounts.
bdstone914
Engine is a 75 L jet 1.8. Could be a good car if the body has steel flares. Always wonder wky a seller does not take the time to wash off decades of dust and make it look better
TargaToy
I hope someone here buys it so that we can find out if that is an aftermarket sunroof installed in the Targa top. Looks like it to me.
flipb
Looks like it hasn't moved since 1978, in any case...
rjames
QUOTE(TargaToy @ Nov 9 2020, 08:29 AM) *

I hope someone here buys it so that we can find out if that is an aftermarket sunroof installed in the Targa top. Looks like it to me.

You see them every once in a while. Seems pretty silly to install a sunroof on a removable top.
anglophone1
Mine came with two targa tops- one with a glass “moon roof” installed- why would you do that?
C
wes
Well not gonna say much as my son “Manas” who some of you might have spoken to this weekend at WCR is the new proud owner and yes she is a “75”. I feel as it’s his purchase he should be the story teller. I must thank James and Jamie for helping me with Manas's 914 addiction by letting him ride along Saturday, that’s all it took to push him into the 914 addiction. We headed out Sunday with the trailer to get a good look at it and trailered her home. Manas and our youngest son Winston who was also with us at WCR are planning to start cleaning up his new toy this evening after work. Hell hole actually looks pretty good although the driver’s side floor pan and rear trunk floor section need to be replaced and the flares are plastic otherwise not bad for a none running 914.
76-914
That should keep him busy for a few years. beerchug.gif
Big Len
Looks like an interesting find. Best of luck with it.
SO.O.C914er
Typo should say 1987! av-943.gif lol-2.gif
rgalla9146
.....there were 1966 model year 356s
and other anomalies
mrp400
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 9 2020, 07:25 PM) *

.....there were 1966 model year 356s
and other anomalies

This is my car with the afore mentioned sunroof style top.
I will be looking for a stock top.Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.