Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cables
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
I'm about to tackle some cables - can you please advise regarding lube? What type do you prefer (lithium, teflon,dry, etc) or do you prefer nothing?

I bought 914Rubber cables/sheaths for frunk, engine lid and clutch (cable kit).

Terry cable from Pelican for accelerator.

Just read @earossi 's post on the frunk (the pro's say lube, but not what type):

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=243445

Regarding clutch, I've read here and on Pelican (as well as motorcycle/bicycle forums) both "don't lube" and (for 914's) "only lube the roller", etc.

I appreciate your guidance, as always.
IronHillRestorations
No lube on clutch and accel, but if I did it would be the dry spray. Problem is when it traps grit.

I'd use lube on hood and engine release cables
MM1
Thank you-what kind of lube would you use on hood and engine lid release cables?
mepstein
QUOTE(MM1 @ Nov 9 2020, 10:17 PM) *

Thank you-what kind of lube would you use on hood and engine lid release cables?

Any good teflon lube will work well. Triflow. But almost any lube is better than none. Just don't bother with WD-40

You can get dry lube at any bicycle shop.
porschetub
not required.
MM1
popcorn[1].gif
Olympic 914
Used AeroKroil on all the cables.

Good stuff.
IronHillRestorations
I don’t like any petroleum based penetrating fluid for plastic lined cables, it can be hard on the plastic
MM1
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 10 2020, 12:48 PM) *

I don’t like any petroleum based penetrating fluid for plastic lined cables, it can be hard on the plastic

Agreed - that's logical.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.