Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Rig big, or go home!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Unobtanium-inc
Ok, so picture this, you're 300 miles from home. You've slept 3 of the last 29 hours. The trailer is full, the truck is full. All I want to do is get home and sleep in my own bed. As I'm backing up to the trailer in the dark I bump it, and crush the wiring coupler. So no lights on the trailer, and with 300 miles to travel in the dark on major highways, guaranteed to get a ticket, as well as being unsafe.
What to do? It's Sunday night, so most things will be closed. Do I get a hotel and fix it in the morning, not likely during Covid. Nothing left to do but rig it. My back up plan when a tail light goes out on the road is simple but very effective. Get a flashlight, some 3M sticky lens, tape and zip ties. The trailer is lit all the way home, no tickets, and I sleep in my own bed. Rig big or go home!
altitude411
I have to take my shoes and socks off to count this many levels of stupid... blink.gif
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Nov 9 2020, 09:37 PM) *

I have to take my shoes and socks off to count this many levels of stupid... blink.gif

I like to think staying in a hotel right now is pretty high on the stupid meter.
mepstein
I would have probably gone to HF for some cheap trailer lights but you do what you gotta do.

Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 10 2020, 04:29 AM) *

I would have probably gone to HF for some cheap trailer lights but you do what you gotta do.

On a Sunday night?
RFoulds
Dude. You crushed it. (See what I did there.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.