Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 fs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
flyer86d
Nice looking car but something is wrong with the color. Light ivory is closer to white.

Charlie
Tdskip
Definitely not white ivory
rhodyguy
The trunk pictures are excellent.
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Jett
Not fond of the color but appears to be a nice car.

Is the ID plate normal? It looks dubious to me for a few reasons. Rivets are inconsistent, lots of sand marks in the metal, uniformed rust spots and color, VIN numbers are roughly laid out.

I have trust issues smile.gif
Cairo94507
That may be Light Ivory with poor lighting by the photographer. I noticed both VINs shown look a bit off to me. On the inner passenger fender VIN I have never noticed the numbers being grouped as they are on this stamping. Then the aluminum tag looks as if it has been altered too. Not saying it is not a real 6, but I would want to see more of this car up close. Otherwise it looks like a nice car. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
-6 stamping plates were all over the place because they were hand stamped. Some of the same year 911's have this problem too. How many beers did you have for lunch?
BENBRO02
According to the paint code, the car was originally red metallic (81) if my eyes were good enough to read the number.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(BENBRO02 @ Nov 11 2020, 09:05 AM) *

According to the paint code, the car was originally red metallic (81) if my eyes were good enough to read the number.

Yes 81 code is Red Metallic, but I don't see any of that color in the pictures. Of course no pictures of the floors or underside are shown. Maybe can see the original paint behind the door panels. Vin is in the database from 2011 but no info on the car. It looks like a nice car to me!
ric birks
Looks like Sand Beige to me. I had a 75 911 S that was this same color. And currently have a 67 coupe that is Sand Beige. Great color!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.