Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old side targa seals usually a pain to remove?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Hi - I believe the answer is yes but I wanted to ask if original targa top side seals (where the windows wind up to meet) are usually a pain to remove.

I had one set that I was able to pull out but on the Fresno car they are good and stuck.

Razor blade to cut some of the material so I can pull it off the metal rails that hold it in place a good approach?

Thanks!
Montreal914
Why not cutting across with a blade all the way down to the metal, then use that opening to go in and pry it out of the rail with a flat screwdriver? Haven't tried, just thinking... confused24.gif

Edit: I guess we are saying the same thing... biggrin.gif
Tdskip
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 10 2020, 03:20 PM) *

Why not cutting across with a blade all the way down to the metal, then use that opening to go in and pry it out of the rail with a flat screwdriver? Haven't tried, just thinking... confused24.gif

Hi there. I think that’s what’s going to take, I just want to make sure I’m not missing anything else holding it in place.
Montreal914
Aren't the aluminum rails pinched on the rubber at one or both end like the vertical ones?
Tdskip
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Nov 10 2020, 03:40 PM) *

Aren't the aluminum rails pinched on the rubber at one or both end like the vertical ones?

Yes, the seals just won't budge despite them supposed to just being a tension fit.
Tdskip
Got it done, they were just hard as rock. Flat bladed screwdriver on either side and pry up.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.