Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: kicking around another race car... anyone?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
jmz
I'm thinking of buying another 914 race car for vintage. Either a CP 914/6 or an EP 914/4.

If anyone has one that may be coming up for sale. This will be a second car so that my 19 yr old may come race with me.

Thanks in advance.

Jay
GregAmy
@ChrisFoley has been toying with selling his 1.7L FProd rocket. I know the engine is stout, and the car should be sorted.
jmz
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 10 2020, 03:41 PM) *

@ChrisFoley has been toying with selling his 1.7L FProd rocket. I know the engine is stout, and the car should be sorted.

I'm betting the Tangerine Racing 914 will command a premium I'm not willing to pay for my kid to come race with me but I'm open to discuss @chrisfoley!
GregAmy
QUOTE(jmz @ Nov 10 2020, 07:07 PM) *

I'm betting the Tangerine Racing 914 will command a premium I'm not willing to pay for my kid to come race with me but I'm open to discuss @chrisfoley!

"Some assembly required" since I personally have its engine (he let me borrow it in 2019 for the Lime Rock Historics after I broke my crankshaft less than two weeks before the event...and I've yet to remove it or race it since Oct 2019).

And, my race car has reg, insurance, and a plate. So if you wanted to drive the engine to see how well it runs, you can...at least until I remove it over the winter.

GA

My car:
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Nov 10 2020, 10:53 PM) *

QUOTE(jmz @ Nov 10 2020, 07:07 PM) *

"Some assembly required" since I personally have its engine (he let me borrow it in 2019 for the Lime Rock Historics after I broke my crankshaft less than two weeks before the event...and I've yet to remove it or race it since Oct 2019).

And, my race car has reg, insurance, and a plate. So if you wanted to drive the engine to see how well it runs, you can...at least until I remove it over the winter.

GA

My car:

Hey, I want that engine back! The car has been moved into the work bay (at home) so I can make it operable again.

@jmz I made up my mind earlier this week that it's time for me to sell the Tangerine Dream, so I've already started thinking about writing a classified ad.
GregAmy
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Nov 11 2020, 03:44 PM) *

Hey, I want that engine back! The car has been moved into the work bay (at home) so I can make it operable again.

Possession is 9/10s, baby! (JMZ I'll make you a KILLER deal... aktion035.gif )

She'll be coming out quite soon. But if a potential buyer wants to drive it around the block - with your approval, of course - it's currently driveable and road legal. - GA

Edit: here's a video from October 2019 at NJMP Lightning, last time the engine was raced: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSpu_T14z8
jmz
@chrisfoley

I sent you an email through the board. I'll try to call you at your tangerine # in the next day or so if I don't here back.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(jmz @ Nov 12 2020, 11:29 AM) *

@chrisfoley

I sent you an email through the board. I'll try to call you at your tangerine # in the next day or so if I don't here back.

I replied to your email a little while ago.
dgale914
How about a serious turn key race car for the price of the motor?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=349004
jmz
QUOTE(dgale914 @ Nov 12 2020, 03:42 PM) *

How about a serious turn key race car for the price of the motor?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=349004

Smoking good deal but likely couldn't make it work in vintage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.