Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Alert Spray Fire Extinguisher
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Lowes is selling a 2 pack of these for $18. Anyone ever used this or know what is is or will it work on a car fire?

FA101X / Potassium Lactate is what this stuff is made of. Rated on their www as an ABC extinguisher and lasts 4x longer in fire fighting than a conventional extinguisher and comes with mounting bracket.

They say:
EZ Fire Spray
Discharges four times longer than traditional fire extinguisher products
Light aerosol can is easy to hold, carry, and use
Extinguishes grease, paper, fabric, wood and electrical fires
Extinguishing formula is biodegradable and easy-to-clean
Ideal for the kitchen, garage, on boats, or in RVs

(Home Depot sells a similar product under the name The Fireman, rated a-b-c-k using a foam spray.)
JamesM
I wonder if it is corrosive?

Not nearly as cheap, but if you are looking for portable fire suppression with zero clean up, I have heard good things about these

https://elementfire.com/
jim_hoyland
Perhaps our residents fireman will chime in; he's previously recommended two products ... @coondog
Coondog
Sorry not trusting the life of my car to that. You want a extinguisher with a hose so you can direct the spray into areas that would not be possible with that extinguisher. Also keeps you from getting burned.
SO.O.C914er
All good points Greg. They look pretty small seems like you would be reaching for the second one in no time. driving.gif Drive on Paul!
porschetub
unsure why folks would buy these cause they are cheap.
bandjoey
to answer a few questions: "They Say" 45 seconds is 4x longer usage than a conventional extinguisher...10' spray distance...biodegradable and non corrosive. I'm not plugging this just seeing what our experts say. Has anyone actually used the Elements Stick yet?
VaccaRabite
That picture with the Mustang is a REALLY bad photoshop. Ugh.

Zach
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 10 2020, 05:52 PM) *

Sorry not trusting the life of my car to that. You want a extinguisher with a hose so you can direct the spray into areas that would not be possible with that extinguisher. Also keeps you from getting burned.

Good point, so I suspect this rules out the various fire-extinguisher "sticks" so many people are promoting? Have considered for the obvious reasons, but would love to know what you keep in your 914.
bandjoey
Thanks to the wonderful google tracking us...fire extinguisher ads have started popping up along with some you tube spots every time I'm online . One of the you tube is a fire department in Boston testing these new mini extinguishers. All of the small ones like my original posted cans failed but the elements got good remarks as a quick small fire fix but saying use it and then run and wait for the fireman to come.
Coondog
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Nov 11 2020, 07:36 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 10 2020, 05:52 PM) *

Good point, so I suspect this rules out the various fire-extinguisher "sticks" so many people are promoting? Have considered for the obvious reasons, but would love to know what you keep in your 914.

Purple K extinguisher from Amazon.
AZBanks
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Nov 11 2020, 09:08 AM) *

Thanks to the wonderful google tracking us...fire extinguisher ads have started popping up along with some you tube spots every time I'm online . One of the you tube is a fire department in Boston testing these new mini extinguishers. All of the small ones like my original posted cans failed but the elements got good remarks as a quick small fire fix but saying use it and then run and wait for the fireman to come.

Do you have a link to that youtube video?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.