Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air fan question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
altitude411
Cleaning my fresh air fan housing, motor, fan ect. I notice this spring wires clipped to a few random fan blades and out of curiosity wondering what they might be for? Anybody know WTF.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bbrock
Mine had those too. I'm guessing they are balance weights.
altitude411
That's the only thing my small logical brain could come up with as well, but do you think that a little plastic squirrel fan really needs to be precision balanced? I find it hard to believe. idea.gif That lite gage wire can't add that much weight but why else would the thing have these calibration marks on it.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
bbrock
My guess is that the blower spins fast enough that being out of balance could cause vibration and rumble. I've seen similar, but wider weights on cheap plastic box fans but thought the same thing about the size of those wires. They do seem rather pathetic but maybe make enough difference when the blower is spinning at speed? confused24.gif After pondering mine for a couple seconds, I just though, "those Germans..." before buttoning everything back up.

Brent
Beebo Kanelle
Its for balance and attenuation
altitude411
attenuation... double word score. beerchug.gif
bbrock
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Nov 11 2020, 01:11 PM) *

attenuation... double word score. beerchug.gif

lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.