Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hazzard lights on when off, off when on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkonzelman
WTF.gif

wiring up a 1970 restoration project that I inherited totally apart. Making progress on the wiring. but the hazard lights work when the switch is pushed in (off), and they go off when pulled out (on). turn signals work, headlights work, high/low beams work, fogs work when lights in low beam mode.

any suggestions?

I switched out the switch with another one Ihad in a box. same issue.

first impulse is the power and ground wires are wired up in reverse?
ejm
I would suspect that the wires to terminal 30 (constant power) and terminal 15 (switched power) are reversed.
jkonzelman
QUOTE(ejm @ Nov 11 2020, 06:03 PM) *

I would suspect that the wires to terminal 30 (constant power) and terminal 15 (switched power) are reversed.

Thanks! makes sense. I'll check it out.
Spoke
If 15 and 30 are reversed, the only difference is the turnsignals would flash with the key off while the 4-ways would not flash with the key off. Both will flash with the key on regardless of the connection.

Also notice the configuration of the switches connected to terminals 49a, R and L. The switches are simple normally-open contacts and with the switch pushed in, should not make any contact. Likely you have some other wiring issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.