Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Trunk Wire Diagram Wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rcarson25
So I am trying to get the wiring dialed in on my 1970 914. I am familiar with wire diagrams, but the diagram for our cars are terrible. The black & white one in the Haynes manual is a joke, even in color it is only mildly helpful.

Does anyone have a good wire diagram for an early 914, hopefully one that breaks systems down a bit more? My headlights wiring is crispy to say the least, one wire completely burned through all the way to the firewall gromet and I need replace it from the terminals to the fuse block. Maybe I am getting too old, but the entire car diagram on 1 page just looks like a spaghetti maze to me. Any help would be much appreciated.
mepstein
Prosperos garage diagrams on ebay.
IronHillRestorations
See if you can get a good salvage harness. We just did a full chassis harness replacement on that copper colored car, and it solved every wiring problem the car had. To my knowledge there's no color wiring diagram for the 70 year, but I think they are the same as an early '71. The front trunk wiring is a branch off the harness, and isn't separate.
rcarson25
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 11 2020, 04:44 PM) *

Prosperos garage diagrams on ebay.

I was hoping for something a bit less busy, but I will give this a try. Thanks for the heads up.

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Nov 11 2020, 09:28 PM) *

See if you can get a good salvage harness. We just did a full chassis harness replacement on that copper colored car, and it solved every wiring problem the car had. To my knowledge there's no color wiring diagram for the 70 year, but I think they are the same as an early '71. The front trunk wiring is a branch off the harness, and isn't separate.

I would love to find a good used harness, but everything I have found recently is not in good shape or a small fortune. The Stoddard harness looks great, but it is for a 6 and is a bit out of my price range. If anyone has a good but crispy one laying around I might be interested in using it as a template to build my own.
IronHillRestorations
I found a good used one for my customer, it was $700 IIRC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.