Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sachs performance or regular clutch 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mcraneiowa
I noticed online a Sach performance and Sachs regular clutch kit. Priced about $30 more for the performance version. Both show six springs, I can’t really tell the difference. Any suggestions? Price is $344.00 for the performance kit.
Also will Be replacing the flywheel, as it is scored. My car is a 74. 1.8L. The clutch system appears original to the car.
Anyone know the best deal out there?
Looking for suggestions. Thanks.
porschetub
QUOTE(Mcraneiowa @ Nov 12 2020, 03:14 PM) *

I noticed online a Sach performance and Sachs regular clutch kit. Priced about $30 more for the performance version. Both show six springs, I can’t really tell the difference. Any suggestions? Price is $344.00 for the performance kit.
Also will Be replacing the flywheel, as it is scored. My car is a 74. 1.8L. The clutch system appears original to the car.
Anyone know the best deal out there?
Looking for suggestions. Thanks.

The performance version most likely has more clamping force and IMO not needed for your car,good luck.
cali914
Whats the weight difference? I would pick the lightest one if possible.
targa72e
I have used both on recent (same car) 6 conversions engine installs. I used the standard clutch and it worked fin to hold power from 911 2.4 E spec motor (140HP at wheels). I keep the same disk but used sport pressure plate with 911 2.7 RS+ motor (204hp at wheels) I installed recently. Sport has held that power fine so far. If you have a stock 4 I would use standard as it is more than capable for stock power.

john
914Sixer
Stock
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.