Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: center defrost vent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hndyhrr
The pumpkin is a 1970 with the center defrost vent. How the heck do you get it out?

Do I have to take the blower box out? sad.gif

Click to view attachment
mark04usa
I'll be interested in the answer to this one...I have the replacement for my old crumbly center defrost vent...looks like dash frame out to get to the two nuts that secure it. Studs are cast into the vent piece.
bdstone914
There are two screws ( 1 on each end ) that hold it in that are accessed from below
hndyhrr
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 12 2020, 08:29 PM) *

There are two screws ( 1 on each end ) that hold it in that are accessed from below

How do I i get to the screws?
jaredmcginness
The screws are under the dash buck. You could remove all that to get to them...

Or you could smash it with a pry bar, like me and make a cover plate to rivet on. smile.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(hndyhrr @ Nov 12 2020, 10:58 PM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 12 2020, 08:29 PM) *

How do I i get to the screws?

You may be able to access them frim under the dash. They are flat head screws. Or smash it from above.
hndyhrr
Thanks for info, now one more question? Anyone know where i can get another one? I know Parts Haven was sold and that would be a good source. who bought all their parts? I posted a wtb but no replies yet. I know its probably like finding a needle in a haystack but i was just hoping.

anyhow have a good day and thanks for the info.

Renee
altitude411
check with Rich
http://www.highperformancehouse.com/

hndyhrr
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Nov 13 2020, 01:24 PM) *

Thanks, gave him a call. He is looking for vent for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.