Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 years ago today...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SKL1
50 years ago today a certain silver metallic 914 with appearance group and houndstooth (pepita) interior was delivered to Gruber Porsche+Audi in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Still going strong with the original owner!! And will stay in the family as my 4 year old grandson Jude already has laid claim to it. Someday he'll have to fight his dad and his younger brother for it, but I'm not ready to give it up yet!!!! smile.gifClick to view attachment
VegasRacer
Good investment. driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif

To 50 more. beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 11 2020, 09:24 PM) *

Good investment. driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif biggrin.gif

To 50 more. beerchug.gif

aktion035.gif
Frankvw
really good to see a 914 still with the original owner.
I bet that 50 years ago if someone would tell you that your garage/mancave would look like this in 2020 (filled with Porsches and cool stuff) you did not believe him smile.gif
Cairo94507
Congratulations. beerchug.gif
anderssj
And I bet those 50 years went by in a flash! Congratulations! piratenanner.gif
pete000
Nice stable !
Wayne
Just amazing beerchug.gif
KELTY360
Must have some great memories in that car. I bought one new in ‘73 but life got in the way of keeping it. Good on ya for staying with it.

smilie_pokal.gif
914Sixer
Fine rides smilie_pokal.gif
AZBanks
11/11 is a great day. I married my wife on 11/11/2000
Jett
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Nov 12 2020, 12:17 PM) *

11/11 is a great day. I married my wife on 11/11/2000

My parents anniversary smile.gif 11/11/yyyy smile.gif

Great car and story!
71six
Congratulations for your long enduring good taste in fine automobiles. I've had my original owner 914-6 (also silver) for 49 years and it's promised to my daughter when the time comes. driving.gif
MM1
Congratulations - here's to 50 more! beerchug.gif
MM1
QUOTE(71six @ Nov 12 2020, 03:24 PM) *

Congratulations for your long enduring good taste in fine automobiles. I've had my original owner 914-6 (also silver) for 49 years and it's promised to my daughter when the time comes. driving.gif

Any pics @71six ? Apologies - no hijack intended - Silver's my favorite.
brcacti
Yes, that's great to see original owners still, was wondering if any existed.
71six
QUOTE(MM1 @ Nov 12 2020, 12:35 PM) *

Here is a recent picture of less than stellar quality.Click to view attachment
SKL1
Nice to see another one 71six! Congrats!

And yes, I have so many stories I've probably forgotten half of them! The best include meeting Dr. F Porsche and three of his sons at my first Parade in 1972, and waving to Mark Donohue when I passed him in another 914 on a side street in my hometown. (that is a LONG story of its own)
MM1
QUOTE(71six @ Nov 12 2020, 05:37 PM) *

QUOTE(MM1 @ Nov 12 2020, 12:35 PM) *

Here is a recent picture of less than stellar quality.Click to view attachment

Thanks! - Another beauty . . .I dig the gunmetal Cragar/American Racing(?) style "mags"
sixnotfour
Those are the magnesium AR's,,Here is the aluminum 15x7s

50yrs Congrats.. beerchug.gif
horizontally-opposed
Beyond cool...
FlacaProductions
Hey @SKL1 - where was Gruber in CR? I grew up in Tipton and the only Porsche dealership I remember was Carousel in Iowa City/Coralville....
SKL1
Gruber Porsche+Audi was on Center Point Road on the east side of the road almost to Hiawatha. Last time I was in Cedar Rapids (my hometown) it was a carpet store sad.gif
rgalla9146
Congratulations ! Great to see and hear these wonderful stories.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.