Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 port to 2 port fuel pump questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LCOX
I need to replace my 3 port fuel pump on my 74 914. Ive seen several posts that the later 75/76 style fuel pump can be used. Several questions.
1. Can this later pump be mounted on the lower rear firewall like the three port pump is.
2. Are the fuel hose ports on the pump the same size on the 2 port pump as the 3 port pump which has 8mm ports. Will I need a fuel hose adaptor to use the original fuel hoses on this pump? Any other modifications necessary?
3. Who sells this pump? Part Number? Thanx
ndfrigi
I thought someone could have replied already.

well here are some info you may need:
1. fuel injection 2 port fuel pump is available from Napa Auto or Pelican and many more.

2. It may be difficult to fit it on the same location of the 3 port.
most members install them to the lower right firewall (right side of the fuel lines from exiting the tunnel). Others relocate it to the front of the car like 75/76. But more work to do that.

3. Borrow the loaner tool from various auto supply store for a fuel pressure test kit to check PSI. between 28 and 31 psi.

4. Much as well replace fuel lines (for fuel injection). The good thing it is less connection since with 2 port fuel pump don’t need the 2 split return lines goin back to fuel pump and to return line to fuel tank.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.