Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for someone with small hands
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I am finally getting around to putting my outside passenger door handle on. 25 minutes worth of cuts and cussing and I still cant get the MF'n thing on. That little allen screw that goes WAY up high inside the door is really screwing with me. I can't get my hands up in there.

I'm going to lunch to take a break from it. After I return from lucnh I'll try for another 20 minutes. After that I'm cutting the whole inside of the door out for easier access! sawzall-smiley.gif headbang.gif
eric914
I had the same problem untill I put a piece of electrical tape on the end of my 3/8 drive allen socket. The little bolt was a nice firm fit to the socket with the tape between the two. Put socket on a 6" extension and then hand started it. Once it was started I put the driver on it and tightened it up.

Hope this helps.

Eric
MoveQik
Thanks. I did manage to get it in. What a PIA for what should be such an easy part to put on.
URY914
You do have to stand on your head to see it.
SirAndy
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jul 15 2005, 01:00 PM)
Thanks. I did manage to get it in. What a PIA for what should be such an easy part to put on.

next time, use a magnet to magnetise your screw driver/socket ...

wink.gif Andy

PS: if you don't have a magnet handy, the backside of one of your speakers works just fine ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.