Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: For those that love oddball classic cars.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Most in my family (mostly car guys) think my taste in what's cool is shall we say, "different". Anyhow saw this today on ebay, and well it's cool! Plus as much as I think I know about cars have never heard of it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Only-Ever-P...1QQcmdZViewItem
Ferg
To me It almost looks like chevy monza roofline, GM doorhandles, and those look like mustang two tailights, other than that what else does anyone else see that's not one off.

One of One, bout as rare as you can get...
Ferg. wink.gif
Mueller
I like it !!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

lapuwali
I wonder what gearbox was used. FWD GM unit out of a Caddy, perhaps?

Very 70s styling.
zymurgist
Neat looking car. Looks to me like a Ferrari 308 and a Chevy Monza had a baby. The dash screams "KIT CAR" but the engine looks like a stock Corvette engine, complete with twin snorkel air cleaner and ram's horn exhaust manifolds.

I wonder how it drives... seems like it was an interesting concept.

See... I made it all the way through my post without mentioning the automatic... DOH!
Allan
Here is another one.

1985 Guanci
brant
thats cool mike!

brant
ematulac
I like it.

I like the concept, too: a mid-engined american muscle car. I wish there were more like it.
ppickerell
Looks like a Bricklin.
zymurgist
QUOTE (ematulac @ Jul 15 2005, 12:10 PM)
I like the concept, too: a mid-engined american muscle car. I wish there were more like it.

There's always the Pantera. (Yes, I know it's Italian, but it's got a Ford OHV engine.)

I always see some interesting Fieros at the Carlisle Import/Kit/Replicar show... lots of small-block Chevys, but you occasionally see a Northstar 32-valve V-8 stuffed into the engine compartment. From what I've read, Chevy nixed the idea of stuffing a small-block into the Fiero because it would have killed Corvette sales.

Incidentally, at the last Carlisle IKR show (Porsches don't usually turn out for this one), there was one 911 (mine), one 928, a couple of 944's, and no less than 5 914's!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (ppickerell @ Jul 15 2005, 12:12 PM)
Looks like a Bricklin.

that's exactly what i was thinking.

if you like PANTERAS
andys
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 15 2005, 11:09 AM)
Here is another one.

1985 Guanci

My former neighbor was the principal stylist for that car.

As far as Pantera's, I really like the later Euro only cars. They added styling that really transformed the car out of the '70's look. Too bad it'd be so hard to make them DOT legal.

Andy
ematulac
I forgot about Panteras.

I've also seen some nice Corvairs with corvette engines stuffed into them.
tat2dphreak
wub.gif this car is gorgeous... I guess I'll have to put some of my skillz on craigslist to find me a sugar-momma who'll buy it for me...

Panteras are awesome, I love the DeTomaso
redshift
hijacked.gif

Pantera small rant in my blog... pictorial.

M
924GTS
Reminds me of a Bitter SC with some Opel Manta B thrown in for good measure.
Midtowner
How do you pronounce "Guanci"? Does it rhyme with "Raunchy"? biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Ferg @ Jul 15 2005, 10:41 AM)
To me It almost looks like chevy monza roofline, GM doorhandles, and those look like mustang two tailights, other than that what else does anyone else see that's not one off.

One of One, bout as rare as you can get...
Ferg. wink.gif

I like the Monza lines, but needs refinement. This car drips 70's...
neo914-6
the influence...
LongARM
Canadian built Bricklin beerchug.gif
zymurgist
Wasn't the Bricklin touted as the first sports car where safety was a design consideration?

I have to wonder how safe a car with gull wing doors is in a rollover situation, though. wink.gif
Rgreen914
Headrage

In that site you listed, did you notice that, under "specifications--(the) powertrain layout" was listed as "ME/RD"? "MERD"...seems to me that's French for stromberg.gif !!

Ron
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.