Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sunflower Yellow? Bay Area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A Car Gal
I'm new here! I'm a teenager and I'm restoring a 914 with my dad (It's a 1974 2.0). I'm at the bodywork/paint stage and I haven't decided on a color yet, but I love the sunflower yellow. I was hoping someone in the Bay Area might have a 914 in sunflower yellow that I could check out for reference? Thanks everyone!
ndfrigi
Congratulations and Welcome to 914world!

Sunflower color is nice for 914 and if this is the original color, you should keep the same color.
DucRS
Great color choice biggrin.gif Not in the Bay Area but can meet 1/2 way.
Here’s mine.

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
welcome.png Congratulations on working on your car and getting to the body/paint stage. What color was your car when new? Color changes are a lot of work if it was not Sunflower Yellow from the factory. They can be done, it just takes more time, effort and money to do it. But paint it the color that you like- hopefully a period correct Porsche color, and enjoy it every time you walk up to it and appreciate your choice. You have a great year/model that will appreciate in value with smart choices. beerchug.gif
Krieger
welcome.png
A Car Gal
DucRS, beautiful car! Thank you so much for offering! I could meet you halfway and I'll let you know as I figure everything out and see responses.

As for the current color, it was originally Alaska blue, but a previous owner repainted it to marathon blue, but the paint is a little bit of a hot mess because there's a fender in a shade of yellow, and red in the trunk as well as white around one of the headlights, so I'm leaning towards a complete repaint smile.gif
bkrantz
Sounds like my situation. Like Cairo said, a good color change takes some effort. Even with my car on a rotisserie, the shop missed a few small spots.

BTW, I chose a moden color: Racing Yellow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.