Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with a Pre Purchase Inspection of a non-running 914-6.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jagalyn
I am in need of help with a Pre Purchase Inspection of a non-running 914-6. This is a car that I have been working to purchase for the last 3-4 months. It is a non-running car. On jack stands with carbs removed. It supposedly will run with the carbs reinstalled.

I would need help with pre inspection and possibly getting it running once purchased before shipping to me.

If there are any recommendations of someone who may be both knowledgeable and willing I would appreciate it.

Thank you.
Jeff
Jeff,
I live in LA and know "6"s well.. I am willing to take a look for you..
914/Alan
bdstone914
@jagalyn

Where is the car located? How through of a PPI are you looking for ? Most that do a PPI do a leak down and compression test. That may not be useful on a non runner.
I am in the Riverside area and can do a PPI. But if the car can not be lifted to see the underside that limits the inspection.
jagalyn
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 15 2020, 06:02 PM) *

@jagalyn

Where is the car located? How through of a PPI are you looking for ? Most that do a PPI do a leak down and compression test. That may not be useful on a non runner.
I am in the Riverside area and can do a PPI. But if the car can not be lifted to see the underside that limits the inspection.

Bruce,
Thank you for reaching out. I contacted Allen prior to seeing your message. I am awaiting his response and will reach out if that does not work out.

Thanks for your generosity.
Jeff
Cairo94507
Several experts in the LA area. Keep us posted. Of course, we all want to see pics too. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.