Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally some progress
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I finally made some progress on getting all the new pieces I've been collecting. Today:

Upper and lower dash installed
Carbon fiber dash kit installed
Both interior door panels installed

To do still:
Install speaker pods delivered from James(morphenspectra)
Install carpeting kit shipping from James today!
Get targa pad installed
MoveQik
another
MoveQik
another
MoveQik
last
sportlicherFahrer
Damn! thats nice. smilie_pokal.gif If my dash wasnt so nice and original, I would be all over that CF kit.
Mueller
the dash pad looks good....who did it??

Trevorg7
smilie_pokal.gif MW 914 that looks Great!

Where did you get the door panels? Do you have pics of the speaker pods?

T
MoveQik
Dr. Evil did the dash. It looks incredible. Unfortunately it was damaged in shipping so there is a little work to be done still.

The carbon fiber kit is good from far but far from good in my opinion. Stick with the orginal stuff. It looks better.
MoveQik
QUOTE (Trevog7 @ Jul 15 2005, 01:01 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif MW 914 that looks Great!

Where did you get the door panels? Do you have pics of the speaker pods?

T

Door panels and speaker pods from morphenspectra. Go to the classifieds and look up all of his stuff. Bring your check book as you will want everything!

The speaker pods are SUPER clean.
olav

Does the Dr. Evil still do dash pads?
MoveQik
QUOTE (olav @ Jul 15 2005, 01:06 PM)
Does the Dr. Evil still do dash pads?

I think he is in the middle of moving across the country. However, there is a rumor that he found someone else to fill his shoes. We're still waiting on that.
Brian Mifsud
The stitching on that dash pad looks great. Is that vinyl or black leather? My wife took an upholstery (furniture recovering) class last year... I'm hoping she can reproduce that dash...

Looks really nice, and the Carbon Fiber doesn't look out of place... reminiscent of the basketweave cloth as original.

A member of Rennlist a few years ago did a really beautiful wood veneer for the flat portion of the dash.

You've helped me decide EXACTLY what I want to go with the tan interior...

A wood veneer for the flat area, and a stitched black vinyl cover for the top.

Thanks

Brian
MoveQik
QUOTE (Brian Mifsud @ Jul 15 2005, 01:20 PM)
The stitching on that dash pad looks great. Is that vinyl or black leather?

Looks really nice, and the Carbon Fiber doesn't look out of place... reminiscent of the basketweave cloth as original.

The material is vinyl. As for the carbon fiber kit, it doesn't fit as tight as I had hoped and there are no voids in the adhesive on the back to accomodate the raised areas around knobs and such. So you see a lump in carbon fiber. Maybe I am just too picky. When I first ordered it, I also thought that it would be a rigid material. It isn't. Overall I love the look, however.
TravisNeff
Michael, your efforts have paid off - it looks great! I can't wait to see it in person.
Allan
So where did you get the CF dash kit. Elliott Cannon has it in his car as well and I think it looks really good.
MoveQik
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 15 2005, 03:00 PM)
So where did you get the CF dash kit.  Elliott Cannon has it in his car as well and I think it looks really good.

9XAuto.com

Allan - You should have your money for the foam piece by now. Thanks again. It should be here just in time as my carpet kit shipped today as well.
redshift
:ttiwwop;) of what all that would look like in MY car.

smile.gif

Nice man, very nice.

M
jfort
if you do the morphenspectra subwoofer, which i recommend, you'll be taking off the lower dash again. i learned the hard way. but it sounds great.
xitspd
Michael,

Looks great! Keep up the good work....

Dan
MoveQik
QUOTE (jfort @ Jul 15 2005, 03:36 PM)
if you do the morphenspectra subwoofer, which i recommend, you'll be taking off the lower dash again. i learned the hard way. but it sounds great.

I decided against the sub since I like the look of the interior without the console. However, I do wish I had more bass!
jfort
the subwoofer
jfort
a different angle
MoveQik
There is no doubt that it is clean. I just decided to go without it.

I love your carpet. Charcoal is what I am getting. I'm hoping it breaks up all the black. Looks great with all the black in your car!
MoveQik
Holy smokes that was fast! I ordered my new carpet kit from morphenspectra on Friday and it showed up today. Looks perfect. I hope to get it in the car tomorrow.

Thanks James & Heidi!
MoveQik
OK, I got the carpet kit in and the driver's seat harness belt installed. Carpet from James is WAY sweet. I also have his speaker pods installed. The probelm with all this new stuff is that the old stuff looks like sh!t(see my center pad).
MoveQik
Another
MoveQik
Another
MoveQik
Last for now
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif very nice dude!
very cool!
jfort
looks great!
solex
Daddy like, you interior looks excellent...
MoveQik
I finally got around to cutting the lip that runs along the front trunk so I could complete the backdating of my bumpers. I also got the passendger side harness installed. Anyone have a line on some bumper grills? No cut out for fog lights needed right now.
MoveQik
Harness...
MoveQik
Both...
STL914
Michael, can you shed some light on how you installed the harnesses?
MoveQik
QUOTE (STL914 @ Aug 17 2005, 06:10 PM)
Michael, can you shed some light on how you installed the harnesses?

There is another thread here somewhere on that very thing. In fact, I think I started it. For the lap belts I used existing mounting locations. No modification needed. Just take out the old belts and put the bolts for the harnesses in the factory spots. The shoulder mounts were easy enough. Just drilled through the firewall and mounted the bolts using a big washer on the back and a double nut to keep things secure. I didn't use the strap that comes up between the legs. Just make sure you follow the manufactuer's directions regarding the height where shoulder straps are mounted. The angle of the strap coming over your shoulder is critical for safety reasons.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.