Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 Motor Mounts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IVGUY
I think I read here that 911 motor mounts work and are cheaper for a 72 914-4. I can buy them locally otherwise I would have to wait till next week for the 914 mail-order ones. Does this also apply to the Transmission mounts?
Thanks in advance biggrin.gif
Dan
Dave_Darling
Yes, they work for both the tail-shifter motor mount and for all 914 transmission mounts. Note that in some cases, it is necessary to oval out the holes where the small bolts go through the bracket on the chassis.

911 Cabrio engine mounts, I believe, are stiffer than standard 911 engine mounts. I think that's what the "sport mounts" are.

--DD
IVGUY
Thanks Dave and a BIG thanks to Tom at PP for giving me the same answer even if it meant I would be buying local!!. Oh well I guess thats why they are my second highest charge on my Visa card.(First Place goes to Starbucks (this is the west coast!!!))
Thanks again
Joe Bob
Ummm,I think "sport mounts" are what ya want....maybe the same as cabriolet mounts....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.