Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - computer guru's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
have a slew of hotfix folders that (I think) allow rollback to previous versions. Can I manually get rid of all these folders?
Tom Perso
At work, we usually do without any problems. You just can't uninstall any of the hotfixes (not a big deal, really).

I haven't at home, I should look into it.

Tom
machina
thanks,

I need to reclaim some drive space. Any other tips or unknown hidden files lurking?
Rand
Try the "Disk Cleanup Tool."

Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools...
anthony
Just burn the hot fixes to a CD before you delete them. That way you can always restore them if need be. They don't save that much space. I backed up and then deleted all the ones on a server and they didn't take up more than 500MB.
tat2dphreak
I delete all mine as soon as I see them working... wasted space...
machina
thanks guys,

got rid of them but they didn't free up as much space as I thought. Maybe they are compressed??

my digital camera is filling up my drives like crazy.
Qarl
Get CD-R drive. the run about $40 now and CD-Rs cost about $0.30 each.

Do the disk clean up bit... Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup.

Uninstall any programs you don't use.

Get an external hard drive.

Install a second hard drive in the computer. You can get 120 GB for something like $60.00

Geeks of the world... UNITE!

tat2dphreak
DVD R all the way... I have 60 GB of mp3s, so when I need to back up, cds ain't gonna cut it...cheaper than you think now too....

or just catch 250GB HD(under $100 at FRY's all the time) on sale and forget disk space for a good while
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.