Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Pedal Position Adjustment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ansbacher
The clutch pedal on my '74 2.0 is too close to me. I want to adjust it forward but cannot budge the shaft. I have loosened the retaining nut but I cannot spin the shaft forward. There is plenty of threads to make an adjustment but it will not turn. I cannot get a good grip on the shaft with any tool because it is round and I don't want to grab the pedal shoe for fear of breaking it off. Tried PB Blaster, but no effect. How the hell do I get this thing loose??? Ideas appreciated.

Ansbacher
TX914
I just took the clutch pedal off the bracket today in preparation for sending the pedal cluster for a rebuild. I hit the threads with penetrating oil top and bottom (kroil in my case), waited a few minutes, loosened the nut, then cut a piece of rubber fuel hose to wrap around the shaft so I didn’t mar it and clamped down on the rubber with some vise grips. It turned after a little encouragement and the rubber kept the shaft from getting messed up.
Ansbacher
Thanx for the input, TX914. I will give that method a try.

Ansbacher
rgalla9146

Soak it with your favorite miracle juice.
Large Vicegrip on shaft just behind pedal.
Rotate...up,down.....up,down
bdstone914
@Ansbacher

You may need to remove the pedal set to break loose the clutch pedal. I clamp them in a vise so the jaws go both above and below the bend. I then rock the pedal set to break it loose.
You are only going to get about 1" more distance.
You could make a custom pedal by cutting out a section of the shaft.
I can supply a clutch pedal if you go that route.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.