Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for another 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
computers4kids
My life circumstances will now allow me to get another 914 again...I've retired in WA state and have been looking.

This seller doesn't have any info on the car posted, not accepting questions, yet has a great track record with selling on ebay. This car looks nice, but looks can be deceiving.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Porsche-914-1...0%7C1000%7C2500 Click to view attachment
Bruce Hinds
New Jersey - it figures
Ansbacher
A seller that does "not accept questions" about what he is selling, does not deserve to make a sale. Something's rotten in Denmark.

Ansbacher
mepstein
I grew up in NJ. I bought my first 914 when I was 16 in 1982. The car was already a rust bucket. Same with pretty much every car on the east coast. California is a lot closer to you and a much better chance of getting a good car.

If you do want a good rust free car. Buy the one that Scott/Sfrenk has for sale. He lives in DE but the car came from CA a couple years ago. Much better than a hope and a prayer on ebay.
bretth
So the seller lists their phone number in the description and says "call with any questions". So if call them they said not answering any questions? Never understand self defeating people like this.
ddire333
they have it listed here as well so could ask questions via facebook

back 914
computers4kids
no pics of interior
limited number of pics
no mention of engine condition or size
no mention of rust, pro or con

...and then doesn't take questions. I would expect that from someone trying to get top dollar, or even sell their car, to give prospective buyers enough information to act. Something smells fishy. Especially a seller with a high number of sales with 100% positive comments.

I'll try to call today...but I don't like when things are not in writing. I've seen 914's from that distance that looked awesome, but were ready to snap in half chair.gif Click to view attachment
Jett
Not sure if you like the color, but from the limited pics, this car looks ok, and is close.

Note that the ad is a bit terse for me, therefore more data is necessary.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/co...7233986890.html
computers4kids
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 20 2020, 05:22 PM) *

Not sure if you like the color, but from the limited pics, this car looks ok, and is close.

Thank you everyone for any tips or leads to help me end my 5 year 914 sabbatical. driving.gif

It's interesting as I look at stock teeners and those with conversions, it would be nice to have a well sorted 2.0 914, I just don't know.... These cars really are amazingly fun with 250-300 hp. I've had both (2.0 and v8) and don't know if I would be satisfied without the extra power.

Jett
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 20 2020, 05:36 PM) *

Thank you everyone for any tips or leads to help me end my 5 year 914 sabbatical. driving.gif

It's interesting as I look at stock teeners and those with conversions, it would be nice to have a well sorted 2.0 914, I just don't know.... These cars really are amazingly fun with 250-300 hp. I've had both (2.0 and v8) and don't know if I would be satisfied without the extra power.

For me the experience of the stock 914 is about putting the peddle down in every gear and not really going that fast, but feeling like you are. I have an old 996TT to go fast smile.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(Jett @ Nov 20 2020, 07:28 PM) *

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 20 2020, 05:36 PM) *

For me the experience of the stock 914 is about putting the peddle down in every gear and not really going that fast, but feeling like you are. I have an old 996TT to go fast smile.gif

These cars are so much fun, no matter what engine. The only 914 that I owned that desperately needed more power to be fun was my 1.8 automatic 914--if I hadn't had so many fish in the fry pan, that car would have been a blast with a v8 automatic welder.gif
brcacti
Great price for the car IF it is fairly good. You might want to go look at it, inspect it if they won't answer questions.
dirtfarmer13
QUOTE(brcacti @ Nov 21 2020, 01:46 PM) *

Great price for the car IF it is fairly good. You might want to go look at it, inspect it if they won't answer questions.
I have a 75 thats super solid Im in eastern washington needs work but very solid car
OU8AVW
I forget how sexy black and tan is!
Root_Werks
Only ever regretted two 914's I've purchased. To no great surprise, they were the only two I didn't put my hands on before buying. If you can't go see it and kick the tires....
jim_hoyland
Welcome back ! smile.gif
Remember the tech session at Leamons back in 2007 ; you brought the red car. Good to hear your getting back
Cairo94507
Poor pictures and bad ad. I would not consider that car w/o seeing it in person or having a member go see it in person. beerchug.gif
computers4kids
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 24 2020, 03:45 PM) *

Welcome back ! smile.gif
Remember the tech session at Leamons back in 2007 ; you brought the red car. Good to hear your getting back

Hey Jim...I'm excited to be back into a position to have a 914 again. Thanks for the picture...brings back memories. Still can't believe we actually rebuilt our transmissions and they worked LOL. Then of course, there was a lot of hand holding drunk.gif
strawman
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 19 2020, 06:04 PM) *

My life circumstances will now allow me to get another 914 again...

Welcome back to the 914 fold! Your V8 car was one of the first I pored over after finally getting my first 914 in 2008. Hope you're doing well.
Geoff
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(strawman @ Nov 25 2020, 01:03 PM) *

Welcome back to the 914 fold! Your V8 car was one of the first I pored over after finally getting my first 914 in 2008. Hope you're doing well.
Geoff

A fantastic build And it’s still in Ca
computers4kids
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Nov 25 2020, 03:20 PM) *

QUOTE(strawman @ Nov 25 2020, 01:03 PM) *

Geoff

A fantastic build And it’s still in Ca

Yikes...check out those white legs LOL hissyfit.gif
mlindner
will he let you have a PPI done, if not walk. Mark
jim_hoyland
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=349643

Car was at my indys garage. Owner motivated to sell as he recently acquired a 997.
Original black car too.
EdwardBlume
Coming soon
computers4kids
Gorgeous!
Looking forward to hearing more.
Mark
bcsellie
I may list mine soon as well......Seattle. 94,000 miles....1974 Factory 2.0

Click to view attachment
dirtfarmer13
QUOTE(bcsellie @ Nov 27 2020, 12:41 PM) *

Click to view attachment
Im in kennewick I would look
Jett
QUOTE(bcsellie @ Nov 27 2020, 11:41 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Nice car and would look good beside our 73 1.7 Phoenix Red 914 smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.