Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I bought a parts car but what I wanted was
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Oliver
Hi the car is mostly there but, wher should I start first so I can drive it or is it a lost cause and chop it up? headbang.gif
scotty b
dry.gif Gonna need a little more info. How are the floors? The rear trunk, under the battery, longitudinals, engine? Pics of these areas would be even better biggrin.gif
Oliver
I'll post some more pic's I just got a dig camara biggrin.gif
Ft brakes are stuck and brake pedal is stuck to the floor.
Re do brakes? What does that cost any way? blink.gif
Fuel pump out redo fuel system headbang.gif
What next chowtime.gif
skline
A fast car is only as good as it's brakes, replace the fuel pump, they are cheap and then try to get it running. When you do the brakes, check all your wheel bearings and shocks. Also check your ball joints and tie rods, make sure the car is safe to drive before ripping up the curves.
GWN7
Looks good so far.

From what I can see the hell hole looks ok.

Next look at the longs.

Just because she's not a shiny penny dosen't mean it's not a great car.

Brakes? Look for a leaky wheel cyl or leakage around the Master cyl.

Yep dump the old fuel and replace the fuel line are a must do on every project.
Oliver
I would like to get it to the point where it was race safe... driving.gif
here coes the pics.. trunk
Gary#
Look for rust in all the usual places. Check the hell hole & the passenger side suspension console really really well. Get your BIGGEST buddy to sit in the car with the top off. Close the door. Check both sides. If all's well - it's a keeper.
Everything else is just time and $$$ & more time & more $$$.
Please don't chop it up - unless you want the purchase price of these 'lil beauties to go
UP-UP-UP.
From the pic it looks like a perfect example of a well maintained "east coast" driver. rolleyes.gif
Oliver
the bad spot.... only on the surface?
GWN7
hard to tell...take a pic over the spot close up....
Oliver
Well I'am 260'ish and the door close fine. I like my camara...
Oliver
. Ok I'll get a close up just a sec...
Lou W
Not looking too bad so far smile.gif
rhodyguy
there are quite a few members in the pland area. i'm sure they will be glad to help you acess your car's high spots and problems areas. or at least low ball you on an offer. just kidding. redo your post as a "newbie in portland needs some pointers". seriously. welcome to 914world.com and say goodbye to the low visa balance. again, seriously.

k
Oliver
So is it better to start with the brakes? the back ones seemed fine the ft have stuck pistions better to do the whole thing at onice? type.gif
Oh, any advice on brakes will be pray.gif I live in the portland area and craig for camp 914 has a guy in seattle to rebuild the brakes I dont know the price yet. Hey does any one know the price for some one to rebuild all the brakes?
confused24.gif
GWN7
Looks like some pinholes.....
Lou W
Hey does any one know the price for some one to rebuild all the brakes?

Check the Resource section for Eric Shea
Oliver
Is this bad? welder.gif
Thank for the tips...
Allan
From what can be seen so far in your pictures, it does'nt look too bad. Your battery is still where it should be. Pull the rocker panels and look underneath.
bd1308
way WAY better than mine and i drive mine everyday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.