Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: driveway breakdowns
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Best place to happen wink.gif

Yesterday I was gonna run to Home Depot in the '14 when the car wouldn't go into gear.
This was becoming a problem at the last a/x.
I lifted up the car, adjusted the clutch and thought it was all wonderful as I got instant reverse.

I put the clutch in again and the pedal went to the floor.
Broke the cable. headbang.gif

Glad it happened here instead of at next weeks race. clap.gif

Another time my first 914 broke a valve spring while idling.

Another time I came home from work and my old truck blew a head gasket right as I pulled in. unsure.gif

This isn't the driveway, but several weeks ago my throttle cable broke a half mile from home.

Anybody else got it this good?
( not running, but in your driveway doesn't count ) lol2.gif

KT
Joe Bob
Hmmm, ya might not wanna sit around and go cool_shades.gif hummm with your hands in yer pockets.....
Joseph Mills
Mine dropped a valve seat in the driveway. No damage. Well... I did have to drop the engine, pull the heads and have them "done". But I avoided the usual carnage.

Twice I have run out of gas... using NO brakes coast up my hill, hang a right, coast for a long block, hang a left for another long block, followed by a hard right, uphill to my drive... aahhhh. rolleyes.gif

Once I got in my car that was parked in the drive, realized I was too smashed to drive... went back inside. biggrin.gif

That's about it.
Joe Bob
Ever read the book/seen the movie, the "world according to GARP"...coasting in a car...be dangerous....
cool_shades.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (Manfred Z @ Jul 15 2005, 09:09 PM)
Ever read the book/seen the movie, the "world according to GARP"...coasting in a car...be dangerous....
cool_shades.gif

Ouch! ohmy.gif

Now that's a "mouth full"...

Read it twice. biggrin.gif
brp914
got 2 in the teener (now with 303,000mi):

drove from LA to Tahoe (~450 mi). From there to Yosemitee. Back to LA. Next day job interview in San Diego Back to LA, but broke CV joint 1 mile from home.

Changed oil, but only put drain plug in a few threads - forgot to tighten. Drove 40 miles to parents house. Drain plug fell out in parents driveway leaving huge oil spot stain that lasted for years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.