Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ALMS at Infineon- PICS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Looks like Audi has a good shot at it again.

KT
Trekkor
The GT2 class winner from the 2005 24 hour of Le Mans was there.
Big time Yokohama sponsored car.
I was asking them about their track tires. They said they are actually testing the tires Yokohama is developing. This is a new line of "Advan" tires that will be released to the public in the fall. idea.gif

KT
Trekkor
Flying Lizard
Trekkor
'nother one.
serge914
Look like you gone have a good week-end.
Are the Lamborghinis still running this year ?
Any pic of the aston Martin ?
Trekkor
I got a Maserati... confused24.gif

I was poking around in the various garages and was blown away. The P1 and P2 cars, which are capable of 200+ MPH, are doing it with 2.0 liter turbocharged FOURS!

The PR guy for the Corvette team said that the quarter sized air intake openings limit their power to 610HP.
He said they could get 800HP without the required restrictors. wacko.gif
As-is they do 195MPH ohmy.gif

KT
Trekkor
Saleen...
SGB
looks like you had a great spot! I love those Audis! How much longer can that domiination last? Porsche is introducing their LMP2 car at road atlanta in September... Its about time. I just hope they are given a little while to sort the car out.
Those are some great pictures.
Trekkor
There was this one car, Mercedes, that kept spinning off track on turn 2.

This one scattered gravel and dirt all over the line. A sweeper had to come out to clear it off.

The smoke and dirt cloud was so thick that the oncoming cars had to brave through it blind unsure.gif

KT
Trekkor
Here's the car after thier practice session.
They bent a rim.
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Jul 15 2005, 09:07 PM)
There was this one car, Mercedes, that kept spinning off track on turn 2.

This one scattered gravel and dirt all over the line. A sweeper had to come out to clear it off.

The smoke and dirt cloud was so thick that the oncoming cars had to brave through it blind unsure.gif

KT

Hey I almost spun there once! Sorry I missed out. Had to oversee installation of my new hot tub today. Very cool! I had a hundred foot crane lift the old one out and then put the new one in.
Trekkor
Mazda P2 and Porsche GT2
Trekkor
Went back again today.
Saw the ALMS practice session and qualifying. clap.gif
Trekkor
More Lizards...
Trekkor
Saleen
Trekkor
GT1 polesitter Ron Fellows
Trekkor
#20 Lola get P1 pole and new ALMS qualifying fast lap record at Infineon raceway of 1:21.688...
Just .073 seconds faster than the Audi #1 car on the 2.53 mile circuit ohmy.gif

FULL STORY

KT
Brad Roberts
Trek,

Did they hold the "Carrera Cup" style race? I forget if Sears was on their schedule or not. The race has all GT3/Carrera cup Porsches running it. You would know if they ran.. sounds like a bunch of angry bees going around the track.

B
Trekkor
They had the SPEED World Touring Challenge that included several GT3's, Vipers, Corvettes, Caddys and such.

I was calling to say, " Huh,huh...Guess where I am?" wavey.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.