Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What body kit is this????
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drive-ability
Does anyone know what kit this is?
What is it called? Can you still find them around??

user posted image
Mueller
QUOTE (drive-ability @ Jul 15 2005, 09:46 PM)
What is it called? Can you still find them around??

user posted image

that is the "i cannot afford a Ferrari and Fieros hadn't been invented yet" body kit smile.gif

I want to say Premier made them. If I can find an old copy of VW & Porsche, there are ads in there for them.

If you do build one....please put a big /6 or a V8 in it...nothing worse than having all that wrapped around a 90 horsepower v-dub sounding powerplant biggrin.gif
echocanyons
Rayco?
reedhmb
My guess is it is an early model Bravossa. The Bravossa and the Premier were very similar in looks. In fact they were both made at FiberJet in Roseville, Ca. Fiberjet made the bodies for Premier. FiberJet changed the lines alittle and marketed there own design as the Bravossa. I heard Premier went out of business long ago. As far as I know FiberJet is still in business. They had been around for sometime.

http://www.kitcar.com/fiberjet/home.html
drive-ability
QUOTE (Mueller @ Jul 15 2005, 08:59 PM)
QUOTE (drive-ability @ Jul 15 2005, 09:46 PM)
What is it called?    Can you still find them around??      

user posted image

that is the "i cannot afford a Ferrari and Fieros hadn't been invented yet" body kit smile.gif

I want to say Premier made them. If I can find an old copy of VW & Porsche, there are ads in there for them.

If you do build one....please put a big /6 or a V8 in it...nothing worse than having all that wrapped around a 90 horsepower v-dub sounding powerplant biggrin.gif

I am installing this 400 hp fuel injected small block and a converted 930 trans. I think you guys are right about the kit as well.

user posted image
airsix
Mark,
Is that car in your avatar yours? Is that a Better Bodies kit? Looks nice.

-Ben M.
reedhmb
Thanks for the compliment. Yes it is a Better Bodies kit. It looks ok from a distance. I made the mistake of bonding and filling all the seams with glass. Unfortunately with the bumpy road I have around here I now have small cracks in the paint at the seams wacko.gif
MecGen
Hey man, Welcome aboard smilie_pokal.gif

I plan on doing a BetterBod kit, we got to talk chatsmiley.gif
I,ve been looking at bodies for some time now..yours is my first choice.

The Bravossa kit needs to be looked at closely, or speak to someone who has done it...long strait lines are a hard sell for kit cars...the quality of the kit will be the biggest factor.

Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
neo914-6
Welcome Mark! smilie_pokal.gif Tell us more about your conversion. Join the Bay Area Porsche Conversions Meet see link #5 in my signature...
neo914-6
QUOTE (reedhmb @ Jul 15 2005, 09:21 PM)
My guess is it is an early model Bravossa.  The Bravossa and the Premier were very similar in looks.  In fact they were both made at FiberJet in Roseville, Ca.  Fiberjet made the bodies for Premier.  FiberJet changed the lines alittle and marketed there own design as the Bravossa.  I heard Premier went out of business long ago.  As far as I know FiberJet is still in business.  They had been around for sometime.      

http://www.kitcar.com/fiberjet/home.html

Similar but not the same...
front fender edge is slightly turned up, hood has some type of hinge? detail. It does seem to be a knock off of Premier.
neo914-6
Here's a similar "Premier"
Type 4 Unleashed
Here's an option:

http://www.americaninternationalracing.com/
drive-ability
QUOTE (reedhmb @ Jul 15 2005, 10:20 PM)
Thanks for the compliment.  Yes it is a Better Bodies kit.  It looks OK from a distance.  I made the mistake of bonding and filling all the seams with glass.   Unfortunately with the bumpy road I have around here I now have small cracks in the paint at the seams wacko.gif

I think your kit (mark) is nice I just don't like the slant nose myself. Its all a personal choice. I also would change some lines on the one I am looking for.
neo914-6
QUOTE (drive-ability @ Jul 16 2005, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (reedhmb @ Jul 15 2005, 10:20 PM)
Thanks for the compliment.  Yes it is a Better Bodies kit.  It looks OK from a distance.  I made the mistake of bonding and filling all the seams with glass.   Unfortunately with the bumpy road I have around here I now have small cracks in the paint at the seams wacko.gif

I think your kit (mark) is nice I just don't like the slant nose myself. Its all a personal choice. I also would change some lines on the one I am looking for.

Owning a Chalon slant nose, I've returned to really liking the signal light pods as they are a major character line of the 914. My Neo914 design will actually "feature" them...
bperry
Sure looks similar to the Premier kit.
Here's a cover of a VW & Porsche Mag
from Oct 1987 courtesy of the Wayback machine.
It looks like a variation with the extra testerosa fins on the door.
The body kit was $2500 and the Renegade kit was $1499 for the
engine kit and $850 for the radiator package.

--- bill
turbo914v8
And the winner is me. It’s a Premier kit. I know because it an early picture of my car. I purchased the last one before the company went out of business. Don’t worry about it being all show and no go. It’s got a twin turbo charged v8 pushing out over 1000hp and 1000lbs of torque. For the curious, the v8 is mated to a Pantera box.
reedhmb
Paul,
Did you add the Testarossa style louvers on the side or is that something that Lynn Sinclair added to the later model kits?
Aaron Cox
more pics!!! wub.gif
BIGKAT_83
agree.gif

Lets see some pictures of the twin turbo setup.

Bob biggrin.gif
turbo914v8
QUOTE (reedhmb @ Jul 17 2005, 01:51 AM)
Paul,
Did you add the Testarossa style louvers on the side or is that something that Lynn Sinclair added to the later model kits?

Good day Mark and all,

Yes Mark I added the Testarossa style louvers on the side as well as the F40 front hood scoops. I thought the kit needed a little something extra. Some time after I added the tail that you see in my aviator.

With regards to posting pictures, so time ago I lost my entire inventory of pictures to a malicious hard drive virus. Its has been an up hill battle with regards to replacing the pictures ever since. Just this past summer I had some unfortunate events that forced me to take the car apart and again reduce my pride and joy to parts in boxes. I have just recently purchased a new 914 and I am happy to say that I will soon be on the road to a total rebuild. When I start this new project, I will post pictures for the entire 914 world to see, but for now you will have to wait. Keep watch for my thread. Monster 914.
drive-ability
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Jul 17 2005, 07:25 AM)
QUOTE (reedhmb @ Jul 17 2005, 01:51 AM)
Paul,

Good day Mark and all,

Yes Mark I added the Testarossa style louvers on the side as well as the F40 front hood scoops. I thought the kit needed a little something extra. Some time after I added the tail that you see in my aviator.

With regards to posting pictures, so time ago I lost my entire inventory of pictures to a malicious hard drive virus. Its has been an up hill battle with regards to replacing the pictures ever since. Just this past summer I had some unfortunate events that forced me to take the car apart and again reduce my pride and joy to parts in boxes. I have just recently purchased a new 914 and I am happy to say that I will soon be on the road to a total rebuild. When I start this new project, I will post pictures for the entire 914 world to see, but for now you will have to wait. Keep watch for my thread. Monster 914.

I hope you didn't mind me fishing around for answers about the body kit. That style is as good as it gets.
BIGKAT_83
The yellow 914 on the cover of the magazine belongs to a freind here in Atlanta. Real nice car 930 transaxle and a great running car.

user posted image

Bob biggrin.gif
bd1308
i dont really dig the rear-end and i REALLY dont like the stick-props for the trunks.....was it still a work in progress at the time, or was something inhibiting those springs or gas shocks from being installed?
turbo914v8
I hope you didn't mind me fishing around for answers about the body kit. That style is as good as it gets.

I don’t really dig the rear-end

Good day John and all.

John, your free to do all the fishing you want its fine with me. biggrin.gif I am glad that you find the look of the kit pleasing. Some don’t like it. Just for the record, my inspiration for the Testarossa style louvers did not originate form the Testarossa, in actual fact I got the idea form a Porsche called the cyrous(Spelling???) It was a wicked looking 911 done up by this company. Somewhere I have an article with pictures, if your all interested I will dig it up and post the pictures. John I would also have to agree with you in that I did not like the rear end as well. Fortunately for me I got the updated kit with different lines and a different lens package. I change the rear lights to the LED style and blacked out the rear lenses using tinted lexan.

user posted image
sergio
I want to know whether someone a Premier Marketing, Rayco, PRO SCA info packs? I can buy.
Matty900
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Jul 17 2005, 06:06 PM) *

The yellow 914 on the cover of the magazine belongs to a freind here in Atlanta. Real nice car 930 transaxle and a great running car.

IPB Image

Bob <!-- emo&:D -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->

Bob, do you know if your friend still has this car? PM me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.