Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good place to get my car painted...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
half fast
I'm new to this place and I would first like to say that this is one awesome site.

anyway, i am in the process of restoring a silver 73 2.0 and i was wondering if someone could recommend a place where i can get my car painted as i dont trust myself to do it. i live in northeast ohio (about halfway between cleveland and pa) and i was wondering if anyone could recommend someone to me thats not too far away (id rather not have to send my car all the way to the west coast) and if they could give me a ballpark on how much this is going to cost me. i still have quite a bit of body work to do on the car before its ready but i figured that it would be best to find someone before i need it painted so that when im finally ready its taken care of.

thanks in advance.
Elliot_Cannon
Hi, Welcome to the club. I'd like to help but I'm a Stealers fan. biggrin.gif mueba.gif
Cheers, Elliot
half fast
finger.gif

actually, im more of a ravens fan...i dont have many friends from august til january.
gregrobbins
Hi, welcome to the club.

Paint jobs can vary a lot depending on what you want done and what level of quality you want. Cheapo jobs can run $300 or so, but you shouldn't expect too much--minimal prep, bad taping, overspary on everything, etc. On the high end you can spend $6000, or more if you want show quality.

Ask around and if you are doing a lot of the body work, make sure you pick a painter who will work with you. Some painters are picky and don't want to paint anything they have not prepared themself. Please post pictures of your progress and the finished product. As I am in Arizona, I have no one to recommend. Check out the local car shows and ask around. I am sure you will have several to select from. Also, check with your local community college. Some offer body/paint classes where you can do it yourself under professional supervision.

Good Luck!
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE (half fast @ Jul 15 2005, 10:16 PM)
finger.gif

actually, im more of a ravens fan...i dont have many friends from august til january.

Who are the ravens? laugh.gif
Elliot
MecGen
Welcome ... smilie_pokal.gif
You got pics of your car ?

later
Joe

beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Half Fast: Where in Ohio do you live? I have a name
of a shop N.W.Ohio. BTW have you regestetred for the Mid West Classic in Aug. in Whitmore Lake Mich. YET.
Let me know and we'll find a shop for you. Welcome.
Dave slap.gif
vesnyder
Half Fast - Welcome! I am a new owner and I mine has been in teh process of being painted and it is supposedely being painetd this weekend?? I live in Lakewood and a guy is doing it out of his garage near by. I will let you know how he does, but it will be close to $2 grand. Considered Maaco in town, but then I found this guy. Will let you know.

I also purchased a parts car that I am currently storing in Lorain. If you are in the market for anything let me know.
half fast
dave, i live in perry, where the nuke plant is. its about 40 miles east of cleveland.

vesnyder, i would appreciate it if you let me know how the guy in lakewood does with your car. thanks for the offer for parts, ill be sure to let you know if i need anything.
rhodyguy
doing some of the disassembly yourself will save some coin. lights, rubber trim, bumpers, rocker panels, etc. why pay shop rates to have them take stuff off and put it back on. first, get one quote with them doing everything. then get one with you doing the grunt work. you want all the stuff off you can, before they shoot it.

k
half fast
i took everything off the car so its just a bare tub.

thanks for the tip though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.