Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Need to learn Welding Basics?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GWN7
Ran across this Site

Explains welding basics and equipment needed......
morph
belive it or not hiedi is who taught me to weld biggrin.gif about two years ago.told me if i can learn to stick weld well, then mig and others will be easy to adapt to.
this sitebasic stick welding will be of some help
james
sean_v8_914
bed rails and thin metal make for good practice fodder. go straight to thin wall round tubing for practicing if you can find some laying around. write your name. weld thin to thick. try thin to thin butt welds. practice, practice, practice. welder.gif
914forme
For me I like to use stuff I will be fixing to practice on. So go down to the junk yard, pick and pull or your back yard and grab a beat up fender hood etc..... Cut out a section weld one back into it, grind it etc.... It works for welding, dent work repair, paint etc.....

The heavy stuff is pretty easy once you learn to do the lite stuff.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

And my number one tip, mack sure you are confortable. I like to rest my guide hand or arm and take my time. So I setup my work area for this. I make much better welds this way.

Stephen
cooltimes
QUOTE (morphenspectra @ Jul 15 2005, 10:21 PM)
belive it or not hiedi is who taught me to weld biggrin.gif about two years ago.told me if i can learn to stick weld well, then mig and others will be easy to adapt to.
this sitebasic stick welding will be of some help
james

Thanks for that welding link. Looks like a good one to keep in our online web toolbox.

Mike Cooley
Memphis
morph
yep that site is very informational.all the things i couldnt get awnsered though hiedi.that site told plus.ill be moving on to a much nicer mig welder soon.ive got stick down pretty well.im still not as good as hiedi, laugh.gif she is a natural at it.and is a very harsh critic sometimes when she looks at my work huh.gif
allready said practice,practice,practice
james
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.