Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refurbished fog lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
Is seem to remember someone that refurbished fog lights on the club site? I checked the classified's no luck. Someone let me know. Thanks Dave slap.gif
maf914
I don't recall anyone offering fog light restoration, but Qarl did arrange to have new seals for them made and offered these for sale. Check out the resource forum if you need these.
rhodyguy
that was korijo. it's pretty simple to do yourself if a cleanup, paint and new bulbs are all you have in mind. do not put the refective portion in the dishwasher. the reflective coating will come off. keep track of the little wire springs that hold the lense ring on when you take them the lights apart. they like to fly across the garage upon reassembly.

k
Korijo
i still have some DIRECT REPLACEMENT 55w halogen bulbs.

$55 shipped or,

$65 shipped w/ pair of lens seals.
Qarl
I know longer offer the lens seals. I sold the remaining 50 sets to AA...

I do know of a place that can silverplate the reflectors, but it's cheaper to put a set of Pilot lights in the car... and they work brighter.

Korijo
QUOTE (Qarl @ Jul 16 2005, 01:28 PM)
but it's cheaper to put a set of Pilot lights in the car...

cheaper in appearance, [imho] tongue.gif

[no offense, craig]
rhodyguy
i like the look of the oem fogs. do the pilots provide more light than my pitted lenses? no doubt. my fogs are more about other people seeing me. silver cars blend in pretty well. i have a few seal sets put away. remember, every fog with a broken lense prob has a good reflector. they will be like mps in 5 years. gold i tell ya!!

k
Eric_Shea
I'm rebuilding 2-3 sets right now. I've chromed one and it looks like they'll go on the front of my taildragger with some halogens. Kevin (Special K) "really" went out of the way to send me a rivet set up. I have all the goods read to go but I want to do a little more practice first.

I'll try to put together a set-by-step for those who want to rebuild them themselves. This is a down and dirty rebuild. All the old rivets ground out and the entire assembly taken down to bare metal.

Film at 11:00 smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.