Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kudos to Brad Mayeur / 914 limited
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Not sure if Brad really gets on this site much, but just wanted to say a big thank you for fixng my completey broken loose clutch tube (story HERE) in time for me to AX tomorrow. Actually Michael did the welding up of the tube and Brad fixed a few other small things he found (no charge). I have known Brad for about 10 yrs now and he & Michael are stand up guys that do great work.

Here is my shameless plug for him. If you need any work done on your teener or have questions talk to Brad or Michael. Brad has been a mechanic on these cars since they were new. Brad's shop is 914 Limited 309-694-1797 located in East Peoria IL. He has been a sponsor of our FFC last year and I think is one for the MWC this year.

Of course I forgot my camera but it was nice to see the 7 other teeners outside (all with Perry's umbrella covers on them) plus the two in the shop, one of which came all the way from Puerto Rico.
don9146
Yup. Super nice guy. I bought his longitudinal stiffening kit from him and he rebuilt my 901 with a GT limited slip. Great work.

Later,
Don
STL914
I totally agree with the above posts. Brad is a true asset to the 914 community here in the MIdwest.

I bought my first 914, a 74 2.2 4 cyl , through Brad back in 98.
After that car was retired in 2004, it was Brad who helped me locate my current ride, a very solid 72 1.7. Brad was responsible for transplanting the 2.2 liter from my 74 into the 72, as well as repairing the brakes and pedal assembly. He is a peasrure to deal with and I continue to use his services and often reccommend him to others. smilie_pokal.gif

tat2dphreak
anyone have pics of his kit? can you order online?
STL914
Wayne, follow the link to the Pelican site. This is a tech article on installing Brad's kit:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...gitude_repl.htm

I had Brad install the kit on my white 74 about 4 to 5 years ago
after both longs began to rust from the inside out. Really adds strenght to the chasis. One of the other 914 owners in our local PCA had Brad's kits in his -6 and swear that they saved his life when he went sideways into a telephone pole. I saw pics of his car after the accident and I was surprised he lived thru that. The driver's side long was pushed to the center console and the seat was torn from the floor.
qa1142
I'll line up for Brad too. So nice you wonder how he stays in business with stuff he'll give away. He has every used part known to 914kind and will share all knowledge he has.

Anyone in mid-west should push some buiness his way. Where he can't give a fair price since he is small operation, he will send you to another small but good vendor.

Very nice guy

Will
tat2dphreak
I found the tech article, I was just hoing for pics...
nein14
I agree with all of the comments , Brad is a super guy and a pleasure to do business with!!!! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.