Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Rick check out the new trans tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Remember when we cut it down it had some high and low spots. I tried to do the sandind down with a chunk of T angle that was 3" wide and 1" thick. I kept getting a low spot I could not work out. mad.gif Before I trashed it and took too much off I stopped. I figured I needed a flat plate to sand it on. We had a bunch of these 1/4 inch plates we were tossing out at work and I got to thinking idea.gif I used a counter bore about 3/4 dia, and put a hole in the center. Cam wanted in on the action so I figured he could hold the drill as well as I can biggrin.gif It took a little while bu he got it done. We did a quick test fit on the input shaft to be sure it had some space so it didnt screw up the shaft.
spare time toys
We then cleaned it up and put some sanding discs on it and stood the trans on end with the input shaft in the new hole. We spun it a couple of times and checked. it took about 30 spins and the trans fits on the adapt, plate with no gaps. smilie_pokal.gif If you ever cut another one let me know and Ill send it up to you. I would think it may be a good thing to use on a regular trans to make sure the front face is true. I am not sure how they mount though.
spare time toys
I did a quick test fit. You may want to make your next head a little smaller or move it up some.
spare time toys
no gaps down here
spare time toys
or up here aktion035.gif
spare time toys
I was just thinking I should have kept the dust from sanding this thing down and tried to light it off. Isnt it suposed to be mag. biggrin.gif
Katmanken
Mag, Aluminum, they both are oxidizers.

Aluminum is the number one ingredient in Thiakol solid rocket fuel.

Burns gud!

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.