Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear defroster switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Speedo
Took my 6 apart eight years ago. Now assembling the dash, I don't find a defroster switch. I find a light switch which would probably work...but i'd rather have the correct swtich. So if you have an operating rear defrost switch, please email me. If you need something in trade, I might have it.
914Sixer
Fog Light switch and rear defrost are the same switch with different insert. Also the same as a Later VW Bus defrost switch.
bdstone914
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2020, 07:39 AM) *

Fog Light switch and rear defrost are the same switch with different insert. Also the same as a Later VW Bus defrost switch.

@914sixer

The VW bus switch is different. The rubber ring is scalloped and the insert is glued in. But functionally it works. I have a bunch of them if anyone wants one. Will get a picture later.
Speedo
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 6 2020, 06:39 AM) *

Of course it is...what was I thinking? And the emergency brake handle doubles as a floor jack, and the rear view mirror is also used for corner balancing...sheesh. blink.gif
I will post a picture of what I have and let you guys tell me if it is correct.
Speedo
My extra light switch...doesn't look like the fog switch I just installed. Can I still use it? Where do I source the correct "knob"?Click to view attachment
Speedo
And of course the knob...Click to view attachment
Speedo
I looked at my son's 72 and see that his rear defrost switch is indeed a foglight switch.
I remember looking at that before and wondering why he had three light switches...now I understand. If the light switch I have will work, I'll use that and swap out the plug. If not I guess I'm in the market for (ideally) a defrost switch or a foglight switch.

Click to view attachment
Luke M
You want this style knob for the rear defrost.
Speedo
QUOTE(Luke M @ Dec 8 2020, 12:58 PM) *

You want this style knob for the rear defrost.

Thanks for the info Luke...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.