Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 original radio
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ampex351
Im trying to find out what the Blaupunkt radio was for 1973 914's
Somebody wants to give me one that is a model CR-4096. Would this be correct and would it fit?

Thanks!
JeffBowlsby
Post photos?
914Sixer
It is a cassette player and would not be correct. 95% of all radios were dealer installed.
Mike Fitton
Most likely a Frankfurt Stereo US model # 7.632.629 or a Motorola Sapphire.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
flipb
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Dec 10 2020, 09:27 AM) *

Most likely a Frankfurt Stereo US model # 7.632.629 or a Motorola Sapphire.

Click to view attachment

My '74 still sports the Frankfurt like the one pictured here. Presumably dealer-installed prior to original delivery.
jdamiano
The CR-4096 is a Japanese radio built for Blaupunkt. All the radios were dealer installed. A 73 would have to have been on the lot awhile for them to put a CR-4076 in it but it was possible. Could also have decided to put one in after delivery and went back and had the dealer install it.
Ampex351
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Dec 10 2020, 04:42 PM) *

The CR-4096 is a Japanese radio built for Blaupunkt. All the radios were dealer installed. A 73 would have to have been on the lot awhile for them to put a CR-4076 in it but it was possible. Could also have decided to put one in after delivery and went back and had the dealer install it.

Thanks for your reply about the radio. So the CR 4096 or even a CR4095 should fit and look correct at least??

Roger
jdamiano
https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Accessories.htm
This shows it as an option in 73 but I’m not sure. I have one in my 73 but it wasn’t installed originally.
Jamie
The Blaupunkt originally installed in my 73 is AM only. I wonder why so many dealers chose Blaupunkt rather than other more readily available brands, were they supplied from VW sources? confused24.gif
gokart73
This is my Motorola Sapphire XXV that is original to and remains in my '73, installed by the dealer.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.