Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upper trunk latch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Hello All,
Has anyone purchased these URO brand upper trunk latches or know whether or not they work as well as the Porsche part? Porsche part is CAD plated, but these are not.
Thanks!
Click to view attachment
mepstein
Buy a freshly replated oem one from Bruce Stone / @Bdstone914
He probable sells them for the same as repro.
mmichalik
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 11 2020, 08:33 AM) *

Buy a freshly replated oem one from Bruce Stone / @Bdstone914
He probable sells them for the same as repro.

Oh Damn! I forgot about asking Bruce about these. I get all sorts of stuff from him, just bought a set of tank straps that are awesome. Totally spaced here though...
Just bought an OEM unit from Sierra Madre......
I second asking Bruce @bdstone914 about it, anything you get from him will be quality.
bdstone914
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Dec 11 2020, 10:17 AM) *

Hello All,
Has anyone purchased these URO brand upper trunk latches or know whether or not they work as well as the Porsche part? Porsche part is CAD plated, but these are not.
Thanks!
Click to view attachment

@JamesJ

I have one left. I have not seen the Uro latch. Some of their parts are ok, some not so good. Please send me a ist of the parts we discussed by phone recently.
Thanks Bruce
JamesJ
Will do Bruce @bdstone914 . I’ll send a PM.
UROpartsman
If anyone decides to have an original refurbished with a new guide bushing and plating, just make sure the locking pin isn't worn out first. You don't want a nice looking latch that's more or less unusable.

URO Parts 914 512 041 11 retails for around $72, and we haven't had a single complaint or return since we started selling them.
914werke

Are NEW pin's sold separately?
bbrock
I think somebody posted a review on the URO version here a year or so ago. Might try a search and see if it pops up. IIRC, the review was favorable but don't quote me on that.
bbrock
Just one observation here. From @smg914 's car posted in "the few, the rare" thread in Originality, it looks pretty clear the latch should be yellow zinc. The URO latch looks to be clear. You guys should fix that for us weanies. bye1.gif

IPB Image
aggiezig
Does anyone know where to just get the spring for these? I replated my assembly and have a new bushing but must have lost the spring...

IPB Image
UROpartsman
Sorry guys, we don't sell the pins or parts separately.

We wish these were CAD plated, but the factory we used for these said they couldn't do CAD plating anymore due to local environmental regulations. We hear you though, we'll evaluate the possibility of adding an additional layer of gold-color plating to our existing stock.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
they are perfect except they are not gold like the original!!

QUOTE(UROpartsman @ Dec 11 2020, 09:55 AM) *

If anyone decides to have an original refurbished with a new guide bushing and plating, just make sure the locking pin isn't worn out first. You don't want a nice looking latch that's more or less unusable.

URO Parts 914 512 041 11 retails for around $72, and we haven't had a single complaint or return since we started selling them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.