Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 fs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(brcacti @ Dec 11 2020, 09:47 AM) *

Nice_B_E_A_U_T_I_F_U_L

Looks familiar from BAT 2018
Mike Fitton
Hey that's my old car, sold it on BAT in June 2018.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-7/
mb911
Amazing how quickly these cars change hands. Mike just sold it 2 years ago..
Robarabian

That's funny, cause I was going to say, "I'd rather buy one from someone on 914 World than in the wild..."
Cairo94507
Still a beauty. wub.gif
Mike Fitton
Now over on BAT.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-914-6-42/
Cairo94507
That is a terrific car. That should bring about $100K. beerchug.gif
johnpompa
Listed by European Collectibles, Costa Mesa on Elferspot and ECI, Costa Mesa on BAT. It has to be the same seller, but why does the Elferspot listing indicate sold? The BAT crew doesn't miss a beat. It'll be interesting if they tease this one out.
flat4guy
Ad says SOLD
mountainroads
This looks like a *REALLY* nice car. (Featured in Pano, etc.) Would somebody please explain to me why it repeatedly shows up for sale so often and listed by multiple dealers? I would think a car like this would stay with a single proud owner for an extended period of time instead of being pimped out WTF.gif . TIA.

- MR
914forme

Loads of cars are moved around in the collector world by this arrangement. A BMW place right out the back gate of my office does this all the time. See all sorts of cars come and go, and most of them are drooley.gif The dealer has built a network and you are hoping that that network will appreciate your car, and or they will have a customer who has been looking for your car.

If they sell it they work out the deal, and you sell your car. They will most likely charge a fee, arrange transport, you can remain a bit anonymous and not deal with tire kickers, and people who want to test drive your car or just look about your place.

That can be worth the dealers take on a sale.

Out of my last three cars two of them where purchased via a similar arrangement. I know a guy, who knew the owner, who dealt with a dealer, all good networking. In the end everyone got what they wanted. I even got a fair deal to boot. And I picked some very epic cars in the process.
mountainroads
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 18 2021, 01:05 PM) *

Loads of cars are moved around in the collector world by this arrangement. A BMW place right out the back gate of my office does this all the time. See all sorts of cars come and go, and most of them are drooley.gif The dealer has built a network and you are hoping that that network will appreciate your car, and or they will have a customer who has been looking for your car.

If they sell it they work out the deal, and you sell your car. They will most likely charge a fee, arrange transport, you can remain a bit anonymous and not deal with tire kickers, and people who want to test drive your car or just look about your place.

That can be worth the dealers take on a sale.

Out of my last three cars two of them where purchased via a similar arrangement. I know a guy, who knew the owner, who dealt with a dealer, all good networking. In the end everyone got what they wanted. I even got a fair deal to boot. And I picked some very epic cars in the process.

Thanks for offering an explanation. I get that. What I don't understand is why THIS particular car (as well as several others) keeps coming up for sale as regularly as it does. Are the "buyers" just other dealers and the car is never really "sold", just moved around? Otherwise, there are costs associated with each transfer, sales tax among others, which will eat into any appreciation profit if you are a flipper. Not to mention whatever is "invested" into the car along the way. Or, do some guys just get quickly bored with their new toys so they move on to the next one and the expense really doesn't matter to them? Just curious. As I said, I would expect a car apparently as nice and somewhat rare as this, to disappear into a collection for an extended period of time.

- MR
Cairo94507
MR - I think some people really are flippers trying to skim a quick $10K off the top and move the car along. Some never put the car in their name and just pass along the bill of sale from the person from whom they bought it. I hope it is more the people who always wanted a real 914-6 and once they got one and drove it for a few months got over it and move on to the next big deal. I love my six and it would be hard for me to part with it.
Mike Fitton
Pretty sure the guy who bought the 6 from me in 2018 on BAT still owns it, and has it on consignment now different dealer/flipper.
mountainroads
Thanks to Cairo and Mike for the additional insight smile.gif

- MR
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.