Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stuck caliper piston
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot_Cannon
OK so the 914 is still at FAT Performance getting some engine work done. So I decide to rebuild the brakes on the tail dragger and find a frozen piston in one of the front calipers. Anyone have any success at removing a frozen piston? I clamped down one piston and tried to drive the other out with compressed air but it wouldn't budge. I got some penetrating fluid (no KY jokes please) on it now and will try again soon. Oh yah, my computer crashed totally as well. (I'm on my lap top now). Sure can't drive anywhere so I've been watching the Toor Day France. Hope your day is going better.
Cheers, Elliot
goose2
you could try hooking the brake line back up, clamp the free piston, and pump it out with hydraulic pressure
Cap'n Krusty
Worst case, hook a grease gun up to it and force it out with the grease. Messy, but effective. Before that, remove the duct cover, hit it with Kroil, and push the piston IN. Apply air pressure 'til it moves a bit, squeeze it back in, and repeat until the piston pops out. The Cap'n
Elliot_Cannon
Thanks for the help. I just now got it out. PB Blaster rules! Worked in and out a few times, clamped the other piston down, put some air to it and, KAPOW!
Today pormises to be a little better. Thanks again for the advice.
Cheers, Elliot
PS What's Kroil? Something like PB?
SLITS
Kroil = Kooked Foil....what happens when you try to protect yourself from hearing Miles & Mikey brainwaves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.