Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Relay board cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Hello All,
I purchased a reproduction late relay board cover that came without the hole cut in the top for the stud to go through, so I have an option to run either the factory stud, washer, and cover nut or use the rubber O-ring. Has anyone used the O-ring with success or have any preference for one or the other?
Thanks!
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Hi James - I would go with he factory stud, washer and knurled nut. I have not see the O-ring method before. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
I would go the other way and use the O ring. No hole, no moisture getting in from the top. That's why 75-76 cars had no no post holder on relay board. With the relay harnesses coming in the side ports it never was a perfect seal anyway but covers cracked quickly around hole and the factory wanted a quick, easy fix.
JamesJ
Thanks Michael @cairo94507 and Mark @914Sixer . I am willing to give both a try.
Appreciate the feedback!
Cairo94507
OK- That makes sense and sounds like a nice improvement. I would go with Mark's recommendation. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.