Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Free Christmas Giveaway - You pay shipping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Superhawk996
Up for your consideration is a set of aftermarket Glyco main bearings for 911 standard case bore and standard crankshaft.

For those that follow my build thread, you'll be aware that these didn't work out for me. I couldn't get my used crank and recently linebored case to come to the right bearing fit.

My crank was near the lower limit of journal spec and the line bore is toward the top of it's spec resulting in 0.004" clearance with my parts.

For someone with a standard size crank near top of spec and a tighter standard size line bore, these would likley be OK.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Bearings do have light surface marking from the measuring ball of my bore gauge. This is a cosmetic only burnish of the very light tin coating that bearings ship with. The scratching in no way goes into the bearing surface.

I ended up having my crank ground 0.010" undersize to correct the clearance issue I was having and no longer have a use for standard size main bearings.

Click to view attachment

Will ship in a USPS flat rate box.

Please reply only if you think you might be able to use these and won't be flipping them.

euro911
If still available, I could use them on my early 911 motor's rebuild idea.gif
Superhawk996
Going to euro911
euro911
Thanks, Phil ... beerchug.gif

santa_smiley.gif
TA951
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 12 2020, 03:48 PM) *

Up for your consideration is a set of aftermarket Glyco main bearings for 911 standard case bore and standard crankshaft.

For those that follow my build thread, you'll be aware that these didn't work out for me. I couldn't get my used crank and recently linebored case to come to the right bearing fit.

My crank was near the lower limit of journal spec and the line bore is toward the top of it's spec resulting in 0.004" clearance with my parts.

For someone with a standard size crank near top of spec and a tighter standard size line bore, these would likley be OK.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Bearings do have light surface marking from the measuring ball of my bore gauge. This is a cosmetic only burnish of the very light tin coating that bearings ship with. The scratching in no way goes into the bearing surface.

I ended up having my crank ground 0.010" undersize to correct the clearance issue I was having and no longer have a use for standard size main bearings.

Click to view attachment

Will ship in a USPS flat rate box.

Please reply only if you think you might be able to use these and won't be flipping them.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.