Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WCR 2020 posters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tygaboy
To those of you who attended WCR 2020, you got those awesome posters that Robert @buddyv had made up. They look great and, IMO, are fully suitable for framing.

The posters are 16" wide x 20" tall. A quick trip to Michael's (or other craft store) and one 20" X 24" frame later and...
tygaboy
But those of you who know me and have checked my build know that I can't just do one version of anything.
So, another trip to Michael's and a bit of matting option checking later and...

It turns out they have a color called "Lemon Drop" that is a near perfect match to the yellow in the poster. If figured I'd give it a try. It makes the whole poster POP and looks great, if you ask me.
tygaboy
And "since I was in there", I decided to make a couple Christmas gifts for two of my fellow 914 lovers. One has a white car, the other's is orange.

These frames are 20" x 28". I painted up a couple of the WCR award silhouettes and, well, here they are. The reflection makes them hard to photograph - they look pretty cool in real life.

Anyway, if you have a WCR 2020 poster, maybe this will give you some ideas.

And if you've already done something with your poster, or if you've mounted/displayed your award, let's see some pics!
jim_hoyland
Excellent, that frame really compliments an awesome poster... smile.gif
Cairo94507
Beautifully done Chris. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 12 2020, 04:34 PM) *

Beautifully done Chris. beerchug.gif

@Cairo94507 - Well, I'm sure glad to hear you like them, Michael. Cuz, SURPRISE and Merry Christmas! Here's yours.

Maybe hard to tell but that's an Irish Green one in there. It's here waiting for you.
Happy Holidays, my friend.
Cairo94507
beerchug.gif Thank you so very much Chris - that goes in my office! Love it. You are too generous.

Best wishes,
Michael
Krieger
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Dec 12 2020, 04:00 PM) *

But those of you who know me and have checked my build know that I can't just do one version of anything.
So, another trip to Michael's and a bit of matting option checking later and...

It turns out they have a color called "Lemon Drop" that is a near perfect match to the yellow in the poster. If figured I'd give it a try. It makes the whole poster POP and looks great, if you ask me.

WOW! That looks so good!
flat4guy
Looks great, I just need to find more wall space.
BuddyV
I'm speechless.... WOW!!!!

drunk.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.