Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 914-6 ignition switch wiring orientation?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mate914
I am slowly putting back together my fathers 914 six. When I disassembled it 16 years ago I made notes where they went. The rodents made a nest of it.....
I researched and researched and I think I got it right. I would just like maybe someone who has info to share? Does this look correct? Maybe even a picture from the other side showing which holes are not used would also be helpful. Car number 597
Thanks you Click to view attachment
altitude411
I'm subscribing to this thread... I went to get a picture of my harness for you but found I have an extra hot lead installed into the mix sooo, I too would like to know what is factory popcorn[1].gif

Here's pics of my six wiring with an extra hot lead in the mix... confused24.gif not sure what that is all about without some investigation. Maybe Clay or Mark could help us out with what is factory? @ClayPerrine @914Sixer

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
I guess I need to go take a picture of the plug in Elwood.

Clay
altitude411
thumb3d.gif
ClayPerrine
Here you go! From an unmolested 1970 Factory Six.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Right after I took the second picture, the wires fell out of the plug. I had to use the picture to put them back in the right spots.

lol-2.gif

Clay
mate914
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 13 2020, 05:07 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Right after I took the second picture, the wires fell out of the plug. I had to use the picture to put them back in the right spots.

lol-2.gif

Clay

Thank you.....
I have about 100 more questions.
altitude411
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 13 2020, 03:07 PM) *

Clay

Yeah, umm... about that... poke.gif biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Dec 13 2020, 04:47 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Dec 13 2020, 03:07 PM) *

Clay

Yeah, umm... about that... poke.gif biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

LoJack.......

gereed75
I have a wiring diagram that may show the pin out by numbers along with wire color. I’ll check tomorrow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.